Never buy a Generic PSU - Read!

Hero

Greetings community,

Let me share my experience with generic PSUs. There's a huge different in price, I bought a generic 520w PSU for less than $10 last year. Cheap isn't it? I usually don't care about the safety of the PSU since I never had any bad experience with them.

One night, I was downloading a game and fell asleep. Little did I know that my PSU's fan will break that night. I woke up with the smell of burned tire and there was a bit of a color orange everywhere. I stand up, shocked that my computer was on friggin fire (literally). I quickly grabbed the powercable and disconnected it from my machine, luckily, the fire died.

I replaced my old generic PSU with another generic PSU (yeah~, I suck). Last 3 days, I turned of my wall electric fan since it was cold, again, I smelled a burning tire. I quickly checked my PSU's fan and it is not friggin spinning.

There you have it folks, as Linus and every tech savy person will tell you... Never friggin cheap out on a PSU.

beware of this psu they are fake, i think you encounter with the same thing (sry for my bad english)

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

beware of this psu they are fake, i think you encounter with the same thing (sry for my bad english)
Holy crap, cement? really? O:::

Ouch, I presume the other components were fine? Power supplies can bring down other components with them, so you are lucky that you didn't run into any issues.

It's sad to see such units on the market these days, power supply reliability is incredibly difficult to measure without any proper equipment and damage is usually only present a year or two after the purchase.

beware of this psu they are fake' date=' i think you encounter with the same thing (sry for my bad english)[/quote']

Still not as impressive as this external hard drive though. :P

Ouch, I presume the other components were fine? Power supplies can bring down other components with them, so you are lucky that you didn't run into any issues.

It's sad to see such units on the market these days, power supply reliability is incredibly difficult to measure without any proper equipment and damage is usually only present a year or two after the purchase.

beware of this psu they are fake' date=' i think you encounter with the same thing (sry for my bad english)[/quote']

Still not as impressive as this external hard drive though. :P

Luckily, the other components are fine. DAFUQ is wrong wit hthat external HDD!! LOL MADE MY DAY XDD

I bought a Rosewill Stallion 500w with my first ever build, couldn't even handle 350 watt loads after a few months T_T

I have a corsair TX650M now though, so all is good! I love how the fan stays off under low loads.

I have had some Besttecs in for repair, and even though it was dead, it gave me a pretty hefty shock, I may be looking at 'splodin that thing, aint' worth a dollar to fix anyway.

MEH