Windows and Pop OS dual boot problem

mtz_federico

Around May this year I decided to install Pop OS on an SSD on my PC that has Windows 10 and everything worked perfectly good, including the prompt to boot into Pop OS or Windows.

Then on the summer I decided to reinstall Windows and after that I have had problems booting into Pop OS.

My problem is that when I turn on my PC it doesn't give me the option to select the OS and I have to go to the bios and select to boot into the SSD, my bios doesn't let me select the SSD as the boot drive it just shows Windows Boot Manager and the hard drive that has windows. What can I do to make the SSD show as an option to set as a boot drive and for the prompt to work (when I boot into the ssd and click on Windows it says that it can't find windows)?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

boot from a linux live disk, then reinstall grub and it should show grub at boot again.

How do I reinstall grub? and would that also fix the bios?

2 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

How do I reinstall grub? and would that also fix the bios?

with uefi boot, you dont't select the drive to boot from, so select the efi partiton of the boot mangaer, so thats correct.

here is a guide, google for more of them https://askubuntu.com/questions/831216/how-can-i-reinstall-grub-to-the-efi-partition