Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devvytm

Can I use these in the same desktop?

1 minute ago, Devvytm said:

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on the forum but since I can't find it, here's the question.

I am looking to build a new pc but have reached a crossroads where the cpu is concerned. I can get a better, cheaper cpu (on paper) but it comes with integrated graphics or I can get a slightly more expensive but slightly less powerful (on paper) cpu without integrated graphics. I plan on using a dedicated graphics card in the machine so the integrated graphics doesn't bother me much but my question is, can I put a dedicated graphics card in the same machine that already has integrated graphics or do I have to go with the none integrated graphics solution for stability and ease of use

The computer will be used for both gaming and productivity. 

It doesn't matter if your cpu has intergrated graphics or not. If it does it gets disabled by default when you put in an external one. Unless you want otherwise.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on the forum but since I can't find it, here's the question.

I am looking to build a new pc but have reached a crossroads where the cpu is concerned. I can get a better, cheaper cpu (on paper) but it comes with integrated graphics or I can get a slightly more expensive but slightly less powerful (on paper) cpu without integrated graphics. I plan on using a dedicated graphics card in the machine so the integrated graphics doesn't bother me much but my question is, can I put a dedicated graphics card in the same machine that already has integrated graphics or do I have to go with the none integrated graphics solution for stability and ease of use

Posted · Best Answer
1 minute ago, Devvytm said:

It doesn't matter if your cpu has intergrated graphics or not. If it does it gets disabled by default when you put in an external one. Unless you want otherwise.

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | RAM:G Skill TridentZ RGB 2666 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 128 GB ssd 1 Tb WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop(for school and Virtual machines):

CPU: Core I7 7700HQ | RAM: Samsung 2400 mhz (2x8  GB standard ram)

GPU: GTX 1050 2 GB (I sometimes this for gaming on the go)

Storage: 128 GB M.2 SSD from Kingston and a 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Second Laptop (work laptop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U| RAM: Samsung 2666 Mhz  4 GB x2 

GPU: Vega 3

Storage: 128 GB NVMe drive from lenovo