Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abnormalia

X3900 - Best recommended memory

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

What is best 32GB mem kit to work stable at 1-1-1 ratio? 

Is it best 4x8 or 2x16 kit or does not matter?

Some recommended 3600 is best for this gen CPUs.

Planning no overlock, stock speeds on air(D15).

please post amazon US links and thanks.

 

p.s. Also which MB would you recommend which is tested and stable ATM?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you intend on doing the most with it? is it Gaming?


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

What do you intend on doing the most with it? is it Gaming?

Game Development and Gaming PC. Plus Blender and PS, Video Editing occasionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abnormalia said:

Game Development and Gaming PC. Plus Blender and PS, Video Editing occasionally.

It's been proven that for a lot of workloads the idea you must 3600mhz or 3733mhz as in that slide is actually wrong, it ain't really a sweetspot.

 

Due to the way Infinity Fabric works even if you overclock the FCLK on the side, what you want more than just frequency is low timings, getting hyper low timings is more beneficial than frequency alone.

 

This video is very detailed on the matter:

On it you'll see findings like this one:

image.thumb.png.37014668a6993ce2aa116c954815bb19.png

 

3000mhz but with super tight low timings on the memory providing superior performance than your normal 3600mhz XMP kit.

 

Also to answer your other question, the less sticks of memory the better, the more you add the hard is to get the best frequency/timings out of it as it pushes more load into your CPU IMC so 2x16gb is better than 4x8gb.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

It's been proven that for a lot of workloads the idea you must 3600mhz or 3733mhz as in that slide is actually wrong, it ain't really a sweetspot.

 

Due to the way Infinity Fabric works even if you overclock the FCLK on the side, what you want more than just frequency is low timings, getting hyper low timings is more beneficial than frequency alone.

 

This video is very detailed on the matter:

On it you'll see findings like this one:

image.thumb.png.37014668a6993ce2aa116c954815bb19.png

 

3000mhz but with super tight low timings on the memory providing superior performance than your normal 3600mhz XMP kit.

 

Also to answer your other question, the less sticks of memory the better, the more you add the hard is to get the best frequency/timings out of it as it pushes more load into your CPU IMC so 2x16gb is better than 4x8gb.

Thanks for detailed answer. So get X570 MB with good reviews and low RMA, see supported Memory kit list and choose ones 2x16 with lowest timings. Is this optimal way?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Abnormalia said:

Thanks for detailed answer. So get X570 MB with good reviews and low RMA, see supported Memory kit list and choose ones 2x16 with lowest timings. Is this optimal way?

Yes, if you want a good motherboard on the X570 chipset they also made a break down on their overclocking capacity measuring VRM and OC potential here:

image.thumb.png.833fed60dc784265f6935ce1d7d8c071.png

 

This shows us that something like the ASUS X570 Prime-P has exceptional performance for the asking price, meanwhile something like the MSi MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi and MSI X570-A Pro should be avoided like plague.

 

I wish you good luck with your future build!


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, Princess Luna said:

Yes, if you want a good motherboard on the X570 chipset they also made a break down on their overclocking capacity measuring VRM and OC potential here:

image.thumb.png.833fed60dc784265f6935ce1d7d8c071.png

 

This shows us that something like the ASUS X570 Prime-P has exceptional performance for the asking price, meanwhile something like the MSi MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi and MSI X570-A Pro should be avoided like plague.

 

I wish you good luck with your future build!

Thanks for detailed answers. Really helpful. So many information online some recommend this, some that. Decided to go back to AMD after 10 year and little hard to orient :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×