first try of building a pc (a bit clueless)

just for info:

the external storage is already bought.

i need a windows license.

I will try to pick up some of the parts in the next couple of weeks /months and would like to have everything together by mid December so some prices might drop (black Friday/ cyber Monday?) or is that not i thing??

i am not against picking up an older video card on Ebay for example GTX1080 ti or something, but i dont have any experience which that. Maybe some of you have tried that and can give me an idea of if that is a good idea to safe a few €s?

So not everything has to be the latest if there is only a small performance drop... 

I never overclocked anything but am not against trying with this pc.

Oh and since this is my first ever build i would assemble myself it would be awesome if you guys have any recommendations for a case to build in, i dont really care about the look.

1. Budget & Location

i hoped to stay below 1500 €, but after my first try i don´t know about that one. So the budget is a but flexible to about 2000 €, but there has to fit a 1440p monitor in there as well and i didnt check for those yet and have no idea what a good one would cost.

I live in Germany.

2. Aim

I am planning for the system to be "good" for several years at gaming + streaming

at some point i might use my old pc as a streaming pc, not sure about that thou if it can handle that (i7 2600)

i might even try to start with editing some videos in the future, but since i have never tried that it is not really a requirement. Would just be nice if the rendering wouldnt take days or whatever..

3. Monitors

i have my old monitor 1920x1080p which i would like to use as a second monitor now. Then there are a couple of other 1920x1080p monitor in the basement, which i wouldn´t mind if they also fit in the build but are not really necessary. a 3rd one wouldnt be to bad thou (for obs while streaming)

As the new main Monitor i would like to use a 1440p one maybe at 60hz?

i dont know how stressful 3 montiors are for a gpu and the ryzens dont have any integrated gpu so i cant have 1 on there...

4. Peripherals

I stil have my older peripherals from my last setup which i think stil are good enough. If not i would upgrade these outside of the budget after the pc is running.

5. Why are you upgrading?

My last setup in from end of 2011 (i7 2600 i think...) and since i have more time in the next few months / years i want to start gaming again and possibly streaming 

i hope that is everything you guys need to help me out ;) 

Thank you for trying to help me in advance !

Have a nice day / evening 

(if there are things you would do different it would be nice if you can try to explain to me why?) thanks ;) 

I think you should get a 144Hz Monitor if you are gonna play games and wanna be good your PC can definitely handle it.

4 minutes ago, ScarrFxce said:

I think you should get a 144Hz Monitor if you are gonna play games and wanna be good your PC can definitely handle it.

even if i have then 3 monitors running? 

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Get a 7200RPM drive if you can afford it.  5400 is SLOW these days.

ok thanks for the advise

7 minutes ago, Jens O. said:

even if i have then 3 monitors running? 

I have 2 Monitor and I have a GTX 960 which is 5 years old and I havent noticed any issues. All the games I played with 1 Monitor i still play with the same FPS.

1 minute ago, ScarrFxce said:

I have 2 Monitor and I have a GTX 960 which is 5 years old and I havent noticed any issues. All the games I played with 1 Monitor i still play with the same FPS.

ok thanks, i thought if i have multiple monitors running it must be more demanding for the gpu. 

Another thought, if you are getting the 2700x you don't need a x570 board. Get a x470 board and you will get more features for the same price.

5 minutes ago, Eluchil said:

Another thought, if you are getting the 2700x you don't need a x570 board. Get a x470 board and you will get more features for the same price.

i thought about that, but then i decided to go with the x570 board because i think it might be a bit more future proof and support a few upgrades in 3-4 years. 

Dont know if that is a good tactic...

If you can afford it you can do it. But as someone else pointed out to me, for the same price as you are paying for a mid level x570 board you can get a top level x470 board. Plus AM4 is only supported until next year, so you wouldn't be able to upgrade past the 4700x without changing your mobo anyways. And honestly as far as I can tell if you really wanted to upgrade to the 4700x next year a top line x470 board would probably be able to run it. And again, if you are planning on upgrading in 3-4 years you will need to get a new motherboard with your new CPU because by then the AM4 socket will be replaced by the AM5 socket (or whatever they call it then).

1 minute ago, Eluchil said:

If you can afford it you can do it. But as someone else pointed out to me, for the same price as you are paying for a mid level x570 board you can get a top level x470 board. Plus AM4 is only supported until next year, so you wouldn't be able to upgrade past the 4700x without changing your mobo anyways. And honestly as far as I can tell if you really wanted to upgrade to the 4700x next year a top line x470 board would probably be able to run it. And again, if you are planning on upgrading in 3-4 years you will need to get a new motherboard with your new CPU because by then the AM4 socket will be replaced by the AM5 socket (or whatever they call it then).

ah ok didnt know that. 

do you have any recommendations for a good x470 board?

1 minute ago, Jens O. said:

ah ok didnt know that. 

do you have any recommendations for a good x470 board?

These two both have really good reviews, and if you need wifi the Crosshair VII also has a WiFI version for 270$

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/23gzK8/asus-rog-crosshair-vii-hero-atx-am4-motherboard-crosshair-vii-hero

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jXJtt6/asus-rog-strix-x470-f-gaming-atx-am4-motherboard-strix-x470-f-gaming

1 minute ago, Eluchil said:

alright thanks