Late 2019 Razer Stealth

Wondering if anyone else ordered the late 2019 Razer Stealth. It seems compared to the actual release date, it has been delayed (Temporarily Out of stock).  Any opinions of the new Stealth? 

• 3 weeks later...

My stealth has arrived, will be interesting to see how the gtx 1650 max q is on the 13 inch!

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

Good luck. Razer has some poor reliability. Hopefully yours will hit a few years before it bonks out. 

Beautifully cool lookin machines. If only they could last. 

14 hours ago, Wellingtonzed said:

Good luck. Razer has some poor reliability. Hopefully yours will hit a few years before it bonks out. 

Beautifully cool lookin machines. If only they could last. 

Hopefully! It seems good though, trying to figure out the works of it, but definitely not used to the touchpad on it. It feels a bit awkward when using it while typing like it's placed more towards one side. The screen is very nice though. Will have to test out some games with the new gtx1650 inside. 

• 3 weeks later...

update on this post I made, had some buyer's remorse on the razer stealth as it had cpu bottle necking where it only max ran at 3.2ghz instead of the 3.9ghz. Also, having it slow down a lot when multitasking. Instead ordered the new macbook pro 16 and returning the stealth. 

Definitely true, I do enjoy using mac in terms of portable use especially with my work. Will be building a new desktop in the next year.

the value on Macbooks is pretty bad. Like in terms of what your getting for that price. You can get alot more for the same amount of money. Hell, the MSI Prestige 15 is killing it right now and its half the price. Thats kinda what i meant. 

With that being said, the new Macbook compared to the old ones is a pretty nice upgrade, so if you really wanted to by a Macbook, this one wouldve been it. 

At the very least, itll last you a long while. 

You should probably build a desktop by the sound of it if youre running hardware intensive stuff like video games or hardcore 3d rendering and video editing. Some basic stuff can be done on the macbook but not a whole lot.  

you can also build a bare bones one as a cheap backup just in case. 

up to you.

I've had mine for few weeks now (GTX model, FHD). The 3.9 GHz speed is for a single core, but there are some quirks when it comes to all-core turbos.

When the computer detects that the GTX 1650 is in use, it limits the CPU to 15 W, if it detects that it's not it can bump it up to about 3.5 GHz all-core at 25 W. Depending what apps are in use it may not always give the CPU 25 W, but you can go into device manager and disable the GPU temporarily to ensure you're getting 25 W.

This has helped me a lot, when I'm using an engineering tool or something else that has a heavy CPU export, I will just hop into device manager and disable the GTX 1650 until it's done. Just know that if you disable the GTX 1650 and then your computer falls asleep or you reboot, it will reset the CPU back to 15 W. You will have to re-enable and disable the GPU again to get it to bump up to 25 W.

I've been very happy with mine so far. The initial build quality is good. I've heard that Razer's quality has been iffy with the Blade series so here's to hoping they ironed a lot of that out with this latest iteration.