Need some help making a logo

Ethanmiq

Members of the Linus Tech Tips forums,

I don't know if this belongs here, but I have a question that semi-relates to this topic. The attached logo is the LTT logo used in the LAN room. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a logo that is similar because I am looking to start my own YouTube channel and am looking to make my own logo that looks like this LTT one. If no one knows, I understand, but if you do, your tips/help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Ethanmiq

614270782_LTT_RGB_4K(2).thumb.jpg.35a1d5c07870ba60de1c9147beca462a.jpg

good graphic design can't be taught simply with one text post, how long have you been interested in graphic design? Also make sure you quote us so we see your responses

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Ethanmiq said:

It's probably made in blender there's plenty of tutorials out there, but I really wouldn't worry about a logo right away

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

good graphic design can't be taught simply with one text post, how long have you been interested in graphic design? Also make sure you quote us so we see your responses

I have been interested in graphic design for about 6 months to a year, but was never good at it, so I didn't do it very much. But yea, I have been interested for 6 months to a year.

i use friccing google drawings to make stuff

sometimes i use tinkercad to make a 3d object then i trace a screenshot of it in google drawings

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I bet there are tutorials for major image editors. I remember seeing one for Gimp where goal was to make realistic looking planetary view. Something like that would show how to get glow. Colors look like gradient. Then some translucent layers on top.

This Gimp tutorial should get some idea (you can find more for Photoshop ofc):

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If we're taking about logo, we must focus on shape, not on fill. You can change any logo by adding lot of great gradient fills, 3d effects etc. But it's not logo itself, it's just style. Logo (shape that everyone recognize) remains the same. It's like Coca-Cola - you know that their logo is red, but you also recognize brand on Cola Zero bottles where logo is white and background black.

Most popular programs to create logo is CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator.

just tinker with an editor, it doesn't take long to accidentally stumble on something similar tbh.

logos arent a skill thing,

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Best to use a VECTOR based program such as Illustrator, CorelDraw, Affinity Designer, Inkscape or Xara rather than RASTER/PIXEL based one such as Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Gimp or CorelPhotopaint for logo work. With a vector graphic you can scale up and down to your heart'c content with no loss in image quality. Raster based images tend to lose thier quality if enlarged beyond a certain point.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, Ethanmiq said:

The attached logo is the LTT logo used in the LAN room. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a logo that is similar because I am looking to start my own YouTube channel and am looking to make my own logo that looks like this LTT one.

The person who created the logo uploaded a video showing how they made it. Unfortunately it was uploaded to twitter - the worst platform in all of existence for video sharing - but it should still give you an idea of how it was made.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450