Desktop Won't Find Os

everettrules

My desktop, a Lenovo ThinkCentre M Series, with an I7-3700 and an d added 1050 ti will not boot to windows 10 pro. I am using a Samsung 860 pro with 256gb of storage. My version of windows 10 pro is on that drive. Every time i start it up it will show lenovo and then say error 1962: no OS found. I switch the cables with working ones and that did not help. If my ssd failed is there any way I can recover my windows 10 pro license? Is there any other way to find out if it failed? I am going to try to boot off of ubuntu and see if the drive is corrupt.

22 minutes ago, everettrules said:

I can't get into the Bios

I was going to suggest to check if boot order is correct, but if you can’t access bios I’m not sure 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Windows 10 licenses are tied to the motherboard so no issues there if you need to reinstall.  Even if you move to another machine, you can just do the free upgrade from a 7 or 8.1 key again.

As for the drive, the fact you can't get into the bios is odd to me.  That sounds like a separate issue and perhaps one with the motherboard.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.