I got my long lost PS4 Slim back yesterday and i want to get linux on it for school. this would be very helpful. i wonder if there are any official ways of doing this. if there isnt i dont care about it being legal but it would be great if there was some easy way to do this. such as just booting up a Mint usb and installing but i fear its not so simple.

Edit: im thinking if i take out the HDD and load Linux on it will that work?

MY RIG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CPU) I7-9700K (Cooler) Noctua NH-D15 (GPU) Palit GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti JetStream (Motherboard) MSI Z390-A PRO (Memory) Crucial DDR4 2400MHz 2x8GB (Boot SSD) Samsung PM961 SSD 256GB M.2 NVMe (Game Storage) Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5'' HDD(Bulk StorageSeagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5'' HDD In Raid(PSU) Corsair CX550M (CASE) Fractal Design Define S Black Window

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 hours ago, Valid_Hensel said:

I got my long lost PS4 Slim back yesterday and i want to get linux on it for school. this would be very helpful. i wonder if there are any official ways of doing this. if there isnt i dont care about it being legal but it would be great if there was some easy way to do this. such as just booting up a Mint usb and installing but i fear its not so simple.

Edit: im thinking if i take out the HDD and load Linux on it will that work?

That's not going to work. But if you must... These people would be of help https://gbatemp.net/categories/sony-playstation-4-discussions.250/