Where can you get fan clips?

Chett_Manly

So I have a Noctua U14S, and I want to attach another fan to it for push/pull. To do that I need another set of fan clips, and I cannot find them anywhere. So I am hoping someone knows how you can get a set?

This is really mind blowing to me that I could not find it on Amazon or NewEgg. Does no one ever add a fan? Or break a clip? 

Have you tried contacting Noctua for more clips?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried contacting Noctua for more clips?

Yeah I did their contact form today. Haven't heard back yet.

1 minute ago, Chett_Manly said:

Yeah I did their contact form today. Haven't heard back yet.

Did you get a receipt in the mail for the form? If so, they may take up to 7 working days to respond and will likely provide fan clips for you with proof of purchase for the cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I guess Noctua includes 4 clips, a pair is already installed, the other 2 are there in the package together with the other accessories.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

Get Sapim Laser, DT Revolution or similar butted spokes with very thin midsection, and bend them to the required shape :) 

Just kiddin' though.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

6 hours ago, Chett_Manly said:

This is really mind blowing

It's also mind blowing for me if a premium air cooler company like Noctua doesnt include more fan clips to give their users the option to add a fan in their "premium" air cooler products out of the box.

Noctua usually includes 2 more clips inside a plastic pouch which contain all the accessories for us to install additional fan.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

15 hours ago, Chett_Manly said:

Does no one ever add a fan? Or break a clip? 

Have two fans. Didn't loose the clips. Or break them. How you would go on breaking steel wire with normal operations anyway?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/24/2019 at 8:04 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Did you get a receipt in the mail for the form? If so, they may take up to 7 working days to respond and will likely provide fan clips for you with proof of purchase for the cooler.

They e-mailed me back yesterday night. Just asked for my address and proof of purchase, and said they'd send them to me free of charge.

Product page says my U14S came with an extra pair, I don't have them. I don't remember having them, but I cannot rule out having them ending up in the collection of stuff that gets toss in the trash after a build.

Still find it odd this is not something you can just buy, like the replacement fan, or mounting bracket, but if they are giving them out free I guess thats why.