I hate this new Windows 10 Update

AnnaTheKitty

image.thumb.png.74d765adbcbc6daf91333dbcae8a96bf.png

So I have a hotkey that is on my mouse to let me pause audio and resume it, but when I do, this stupid thing appears on the top left, and I have to do a lot of stuff on the top left as well, does anyone have any idea on how to get rid of this?!

3 hours ago, Lenovo1984 said:

That isn't new at all. That has been around since 2012 with Windows 8. 

Nope that at all, well not for me at least. I have had this mouse for a LONG TIME, and it never showed up that dumb box on the upper left whenever I use the shortcut to pause or resume something.

4 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

See this topic

Don't really trust that and also when I was going to the website linked in there my browser protected activated and said it is a dangerous site so... not taking the risk

44 minutes ago, AnnaTheKitty said:

Nope that at all, well not for me at least. I have had this mouse for a LONG TIME, and it never showed up that dumb box on the upper left whenever I use the shortcut to pause or resume something.

Then that's the fault of Windows. It isn't a new feature (like I said, it's been around since 2012), but I have seen Windows systems that don't show it when the volume is changed. 

11 hours ago, Lenovo1984 said:

Then that's the fault of Windows. It isn't a new feature (like I said, it's been around since 2012), but I have seen Windows systems that don't show it when the volume is changed. 

I am not changing the volume with my mouse though. When I pause the video, like I usually do, it pauses without anything shown up. But now is deciding to show both the rectangle box thing of the video and the volume.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:29 AM, AnnaTheKitty said:

I am not changing the volume with my mouse though. When I pause the video, like I usually do, it pauses without anything shown up. But now is deciding to show both the rectangle box thing of the video and the volume.

Sounds to me that your mouse software got updated and now uses different API to adjust the volume. It opted to send the vol up/down keyboard media keys instead of adjusting the volume directly (which probably caused compatibly issues with some sound solutions and hence the switch)

And yes, it was introduced back in Win8, hence it has the Metro look and not Fluent Design of Win10, not yet at least.

On 9/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, GoodBytes said:

Sounds to me that your mouse software got updated and now uses different API to adjust the volume. It opted to send the vol up/down keyboard media keys instead of adjusting the volume directly (which probably caused compatibly issues with some sound solutions and hence the switch)

And yes, it was introduced back in Win8, hence it has the Metro look and not Fluent Design of Win10, not yet at least.

But I haven't updated it though ?
Ever since the new windows update this thing on the top left keeps on showing ;-;

33 minutes ago, AnnaTheKitty said:

But I haven't updated it though ?
Ever since the new windows update this thing on the top left keeps on showing ;-;

Maybe Windows Update did if the manufacture uses Microsoft update delivery service (which most hardware manufacturers do).

I recall a way to hide the volume meter from the registry, back in Win8 days, but I don't have that logged. Might be a solution for you.