Asus Z170 deluxe - AC broadcom adapter error 10

Go to solution Solved by dannniiboyyi,

After some research on the topic myself I found out that it's caused by Windows 10 build 1905, link to the article down below

In the Windows 10 Health Dashboard, Microsoft has stated that some Intel and Broadcom Wi-Fi adapters are having a compatibility issues with NEC computers and will cause the adapter to no longer work.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-1903-is-now-having-problems-with-network-adapters/

Hey,

So today when I turned on my PC, it showed the ethernet globe and showed my wireless networks nearby and it was connected but no connection, so I did the standard procedure of doing the famous troubleshoot and repair option, and it told me I had a invalid IP config and that a Ethernet connection was not connected.

I then went into windows network and sharing center to resolve the IP config issue, but the wireless driver wasn't there to config, so I restarted my pc.

Still same issue, then I went into driver management and saw that wireless driver (broadcom wireless ac) had an error 10, deleted the driver and restarted again.

Connected my phone on usb and downloaded the drivers from ASUS's driver page for the motherboard, installed and restarted

And then we're here, windows still saying error 10 for the driver and now I'm out of ideas... On the internet now using my phone, but not the optimal solution in the long run

So Any ideas on how to fix it? Can't revert because apparently windows updated to this over 10 days ago

After some research on the topic myself I found out that it's caused by Windows 10 build 1905, link to the article down below

In the Windows 10 Health Dashboard, Microsoft has stated that some Intel and Broadcom Wi-Fi adapters are having a compatibility issues with NEC computers and will cause the adapter to no longer work.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-1903-is-now-having-problems-with-network-adapters/