Display issues after installing Ryzen 5 3400g drivers

Altaren

So i am buiding a pc for a friend and everything went smoothly until i installed the drivers for the 3400g. Immediately after the display started randomly flickering or those rainbow pixel lines appearing every couple seconds. A couple times the screen went fully purple as well. Here are the things i tried so far and none worked:

Software: 

-Several new windows installs (got them straight from microsoft site)

-DDU wipe and then installing older amd drivers

-in the bios i tried overvolting the ram and the igpu, also reduced igpu clock

Hardware:

- different 3400g

- different psu

- different hdd

- tried the two ram sticks in different slots and different configurations

The only things that i havent tried and i can think of are new ram and new mobo. Is there some software related fix i havent tried? Like i said the problem only appears after installing amd drivers, no issues with windows basic drivers (except theyre slow and choppy ofc).

Here is the full list

AMD Ryzen 5 3400g (tried two different units)

Asrock b450m-hdv

2x4gb G.Skill F4-2666C15D-8GVR (tried different configurations, speeds and even 1.3v)

420w LC420-12 V2.31

Dose this only happen in Windows, or is the bios also suffering from corrupted video?

Also did this problem happen with both CPUs?

Edited by Andrew 1337
Can't read sorry.

As stated in the OP, i tried two cpus and also older drivers (oldest i could find on amd site). The problem does not appear in the bios, only in Windows and only with amd drivers. After a fresh install it works normally with windows basic drivers, starts artifacting only after installing amd drivers (i suppose the igpu runs at a much slower clock or some sort of safe mode until then)

Have you installed the latest bios ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Have you installed the latest bios ?

The motherboard came with the latest bios already installed

3 minutes ago, Altaren said:

The motherboard came with the latest bios already installed

What version ? As there have been quite some updates lately on the zen 2 bios. Just double check on your motherboard manufacturers website.  

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

7 minutes ago, Altaren said:

As stated in the OP, i tried two cpus and also older drivers (oldest i could find on amd site). The problem does not appear in the bios, only in Windows and only with amd drivers. After a fresh install it works normally with windows basic drivers, starts artifacting only after installing amd drivers (i suppose the igpu runs at a much slower clock or some sort of safe mode until then)

Ah okay, just read this after my previous comment. 

Not entirely sure why those drivers from amd are causing that issue, considering the issue only appears after installing them. Hope someone else can help you here.

you could always contact AMD and see if they have help?

Thanks i appreciate the effort, hopefully i missed something obvious and somebody else can point it out. If not ill write to and directly tho i hate to keep my friend waiting for the pc

• 1 year later...

@Altaren Hi sorry for replying so late, did you ever fix this and can you remember what the fix was?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, dlchapman said:

@Altaren Hi sorry for replying so late, did you ever fix this and can you remember what the fix was?

I think it mustve been a problem with both of my monitors, because when i went and tested it on my friends PC the system worked. Havent heard from him since so i imagine its not a problem. Its very odd though that it didnt work on two of my monitors (an AOC and a DELL) so i dont consider this fixed.