Portable Monitor Connection Woes

Shadowlessone
Go to solution Solved by Shadowlessone,

Got an answer from the seller of the cable so no need for further replies. 

"We are sorry about this problem,I understand the problem,because the chip for the extension lead and usb c cables is different,so when they use together,there are signal problem,normally the 2m/6.6ft length is long enough for most people,so we don't have extension lead to sell"

Hi all,

I bought myself a portable monitor for my desk setup, an Asus MB16AC to be precise.

After setting up the drivers it has been working well, however I do want to look it a bit more tidier in terms of cable management.

The stock cable and adaptor is a good meter too short so I hooked it upto a spare usb extension lead which i had, JuicyBits 1m if this is relevant, it had good reviews and feels thick good quality.

However my the monitor does not seem to like being connected through the extension lead in addition to the USB one, from observation it looks as though it is struggling to draw enough current to power it? It flicks on and off etc..

What I want to know is there perhaps a solution for this? I have tried a couple of other extension leads I have, same length and brand and the same issue. I have tried other usb 3.0 slots on my Mobo, still the same issue. 

My motherboard is a Maximus Impact VII if this also helps.

Looking forward to responses, let me know any other info that is needed.

Cheers,

Nayth

Got an answer from the seller of the cable so no need for further replies. 

"We are sorry about this problem,I understand the problem,because the chip for the extension lead and usb c cables is different,so when they use together,there are signal problem,normally the 2m/6.6ft length is long enough for most people,so we don't have extension lead to sell"