Is this a coil whine? 20-30% load

Go to solution Solved by erlandssonjt,
29 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You can check it for yourself by manually adjusting pump speed. But to me it sounds like a GPU coil whine.

I located it to the GPU, so this is indeed a GPU coil whine. I’ll will contact the reseller and se what their experience is with RMA on this card. 

Turning off the G-Synk decreases the sound a bit. But a totally quiet solution doesn’t exist. Nothing is wrong, just irritating to listen to. 

Thanks for the help. 

Hi, 

i recently build my new rig, my chosen parts was / i9-9900X / ROG RAMPAGE IV EXTREME OMEGA motherboard / 64gb HyperX 3200mhz/ RTX2080TI Strix OC / Corsair HX1200i power supply. 

I get this wired buzzing sounds around the CPU, is this a coil whine or something else? Should I be cornered? (Check video 30sec in) 

the sound only appears on 20-30% load, 

any my ideas how to fix this? 

Edited by erlandssonjt
Small edit

Yeah, but is weird how it completely disappeared instantly when closing a game for instance. And comes back instantly when a game goes in to “active gameplay” does the pump really kick in that fast? 

2 minutes ago, erlandssonjt said:

Yeah, but is weird how it completely disappeared instantly when closing a game for instance. And comes back instantly when a game goes in to “active gameplay” does the pump really kick in that fast? 

You can check it for yourself by manually adjusting pump speed. But to me it sounds like a GPU coil whine.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

In the video when the sound appears I’m booting up Two Points Hospital <- super entertaining btw.. and in the exact same moment it goes from loading screen to “active screen” the sounds starts. 

My CPU temperature in idle is 31C and never above 43C when gaming. So the pump seems pretty stable? 

3 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I’ll try adjusting the pump speed and see where it leads me 

29 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I located it to the GPU, so this is indeed a GPU coil whine. I’ll will contact the reseller and se what their experience is with RMA on this card. 

Turning off the G-Synk decreases the sound a bit. But a totally quiet solution doesn’t exist. Nothing is wrong, just irritating to listen to. 

Thanks for the help.