PC freezing up mid game with new GPU

bondoao1

After installing a new Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ 8gb SE, I had an issue I never had before with my old GTX 650, in that while playing Titanfall 2 right when I got killed, my PC froze up.

The screen froze, and the sounds froze, and keyboard and mouse were unresponsive.  

I had to hit the restart button, and this had happened 3 times in the coarse of 2 hours. 
GPU temps never exceeded 50C, and all settings were still the same as when I had the GTX 650, so most were set at "low". Resolution was set at 1600x900. 

I'm wondering if the new GPU could be causing this since I never had this issue, and this is the first time playing Titanfall 2 since the new GPU was installed. 

I didn't have any issues with GTA5, or COD MW3 which is supprising since I thought GTA5 would give me issues. 

Anyone have any ideas on what is the cause?

PC specs are in signature. 

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

8 hours ago, bondoao1 said:

After installing a new Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ 8gb SE, I had an issue I never had before with my old GTX 650, in that while playing Titanfall 2 right when I got killed, my PC froze up.

The screen froze, and the sounds froze, and keyboard and mouse were unresponsive.  

I had to hit the restart button, and this had happened 3 times in the coarse of 2 hours. 
GPU temps never exceeded 50C, and all settings were still the same as when I had the GTX 650, so most were set at "low". Resolution was set at 1600x900. 

I'm wondering if the new GPU could be causing this since I never had this issue, and this is the first time playing Titanfall 2 since the new GPU was installed. 

I didn't have any issues with GTA5, or COD MW3 which is supprising since I thought GTA5 would give me issues. 

Have you tried using DDU to remove your Nvidia drivers and software before installing your new RX card and drivers? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

15 hours ago, VenomizerX said:

Have you tried using DDU to remove your Nvidia drivers and software before installing your new RX card and drivers? 

I have not tried that yet, I will give that a shot this weekend. 

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

EVGA 750 GQ

On 8/26/2019 at 4:03 PM, bondoao1 said:

You have to completely uninstall any trace of Nvidia files in your PC before installing the drivers for the AMD card. Doing that will very likely to solve your problems. I'm assuming you aren't even overclocking the card, because that would bring more variables to this equation. One overclocked card can perform well in a few games, while freezing in others.

1 hour ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

You have to completely uninstall any trace of Nvidia files in your PC before installing the drivers for the AMD card. Doing that will very likely to solve your problems. I'm assuming you aren't even overclocking the card, because that would bring more variables to this equation. One overclocked card can perform well in a few games, while freezing in others.

Yea I will try removing the Nvidia drivers. 
I have not tried to OC the new GPU yet. 

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

EVGA 750 GQ

Ok, I finally had time to get on my pc yesterday. 
I used DDU and removed all nvidia drivers, and I went ahead and reinstalled the drivers for the RX 590.

I got 2 hours into playing Titanfall 2 before my PC completely froze again. 

it always happens when I get killed/big explosion on screen. 

Any other ideas?

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

EVGA 750 GQ

1 hour ago, bondoao1 said:

Ok, I finally had time to get on my pc yesterday. 
I used DDU and removed all nvidia drivers, and I went ahead and reinstalled the drivers for the RX 590.

I got 2 hours into playing Titanfall 2 before my PC completely froze again. 

it always happens when I get killed/big explosion on screen. 

Any other ideas?

Freezing up could be your overclock. 

I have to drop my CPU overclock for some games and my GPU overclock for others.

I had to do it last week with Control.

I also could be something getting too hot over time. My i7 8086k at 5.1ghz runs cooler than my i7 6700k did at stock. 

Run MSI Afterburner as you play and check the graphs to see if anything is spiking.

Try restricting your frame rate so that you have some overhead to deal with events like a reload or explosion.

I have only had this issue with some older games.

Your WD Black is the weakest part of your system. Use this software to test. 

https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=3&lang=en

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV