Issue with trident z ram and Ryzen 3rd gen

I've got an MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard, Ryzen 7 3700x, Radeon RX 5700 xt, and 32 GB (2x16) Trident Z Ram (non-AMD optimized).

Long story short, I keep getting BSOD with different errors, all to do with atimdag.sys, and from what I've been able to find it either comes down to a driver error with the 5700xt or the RAM settings themselves. I've tried doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the drivers for both chipset and graphics card, I've ran with both XMP on and off. I did a thorough memory test using HCI Memtest, came back entirely clean. 

There were some registry errors that sfc fixed, but didn't make the BSODs go away. I tried using a DRAM calculator for Ryzen I found and input the custom settings and the computer wouldn't even post, so I had to reset the cmos again. I've exhausted what I know how to do, and not finding a ton of utilities out there specific to MSI's BIOS gui for RAM settings as the calculator I had wasn't a perfect fit, I had to do best guess on a few of the settings.

Any guidance at all would be much appreciated.

What speed is the ram? Why are you suspecting the ram? Unless you have really bad ram, that would be picked up by tests for it. Running XMP off is pretty safe and if it is still doing it, I'd look elsewhere. If it's the GPU, good luck.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model

This is the exact kit I'm using. And yes, XMP on or off, its still BSOD between every 2-10 hours. Not often enough to make the computer unusable, but often enough to interrupt gaming/workflow. The memory tests I've run all come back clean.

I've gotten page fault BSOD, Video_TDR_Failure BSOD, as well as a few others. Windows registry has been repaired, and short of literally replacing components, I've done everything on that list already. 

What PSU are you running and in particular are you using a split PCIe power cable (one power cable that splits into 2 x 6+2) I used to have this error too and for me it turned out to be a slightly aging PSU not being able to handle the powerdraw of a modern GPU over a single cable. I tried replacing ram, my hdd and a full clean windows install at first too. But the fix was just adding a second cable for the GPU power instead of using 1 split one even though I was running a 850 watt PSU that was less then 4 years old.  

Matter of a fact it is 1 cable running a split. Its an Antec 750 watt Gold rated modular power supply. Its from my previous build, so its about 6-7 years old. Think it could be that?

Well it can be a cause, thats fairly old for a PSU and its often wise to replace it once every 5 years at least.

Issues like this can be caused by a PSU, not saying its the cause but considering the age it is indeed a potential failure point.

It's more in my understanding to do with the way powersaving features on new cards make them dynamically draw way less power in idle then before and the power draw sway more under load. Older less efficient PSU's have difficulty in handling that over a single cable. I'm not an expert on PSU's but I have been told and experienced that just using two cables fixes the issues. Try plugging in a second cable and see if that fixes it for you?