Intel Core i7-4790 90+°C

I have an Intel Core i7-4790 that runs at around 50°C under minimal load (5-10%) but gets up to 90-95°C when gaming, see attached hardware monitor screenshot. I am using the stock intel cooler that came with the CPU and have replace the thermal paste recently. Ambient temp is between 20°C and 25°C. I have 2 120mm intake fans and 1 80mm output fan. Even with the fans manually set to full speed the CPU never drops below about 45°C and under load they are at full anyway. I also have a GTX1070 if that makes a difference, full specs listed below.

So my question is, what is the best way to reduce the temp of my CPU? I was looking at an AIO but from what I have seen 1x120mm ones are not good and I can't fit any bigger in. I am also planning on building a completely new system sometime in the next 6-12 months so don’t want to spend too much on this one.

2019-08-19 16.53.18.png

The Coolermaster Hyper 212x is a pretty good option if u want a nice air cooler that isnt horrifically expensive :)

yikes

31 minutes ago, TomW1605 said:

I am using the stock intel cooler that came with the CPU

there you go, you answered your own question

*edit*

i am clearly incapable of reading.

i would get just any tower cooler besides the 212 as its a pain to mount. dosnt need to be super good because its a locked chip. DO NOT GET A 120MM AIO, they are such a waste of money. if thats the budget you are looking at then some very good air coolers are options too which are better in every way

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there you go, you answered your own question

*edit*

i am clearly incapable of reading.

i would get just any tower cooler besides the 212 as its a pain to mount. dosnt need to be super good because its a locked chip. DO NOT GET A 120MM AIO, they are such a waste of money. if thats the budget you are looking at then some very good air coolers are options too which are better in every way

if not the 212 then do you have any other segestions for one with good cooling and good mounting? prefrably in the same price range.