Home Server

Gerowen

Long time lurker, rarely post, but I decided I'm gonna try to be more active.

This thing started out as an old HP Pavilion P6803W pre-built desktop.  Once it was no longer sufficient for our desktop/gaming needs, it got turned into a home server, and slowly things got replaced or upgraded as we saw fit.  The only original part in it now that is left over from when it was an HP machine is the motherboard, everything else has been upgraded.  Here's the current specs.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1045t (upgraded the stock cooler to the larger wraith cooler so the CPU stays nice and cold even under full load)

RAM - 16GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 running @ 1066 Mhz

Boot Drive - Western Digital Blue SATA SSD

Storage - Two Western Digital Gold 12TB drives in software RAID 1

OS - Debian GNU/Linux 10 "Buster"

Case - APEVIA X-QPACK3-OG (  Link )

Power Supply - Thermaltake SMART Series 650 watt

UPS - APC BackUPS XS 1500G (The server uses apcupsd and automatically shuts down when the power goes out and the battery drains to a certain point.  I modified the shutdown command so that it doesn't turn off the computer, just halts the operating system.  This way the motherboard's option to automatically turn back on when power is restored will function properly, that way if I'm not around when power comes back on, my server just turns itself back on.)

Services Provided:

Plex

Apache

Nextcloud

Minecraft Java Edition Server

Folding@Home for the LTT team (lower priority process, so it doesn't seem to negatively impact other services)

Note: The raspberry pi in the front hosts OpenVPN and Pihole services, I wanted those two services on a separate device.

IMG_20190818_232331.thumb.jpg.6b14c436b862769d4362437dfa30c95e.jpg