Need New Headset

James-N

Hey guys, can you guys help me choose a good headset ! :)

My budget is $150-200 ill maybe stretch my budget to $250 if its really worth it

I'll be using them to play games, listen too music and Skype calls with friends

And i also want them too look good as well :)

I'm flexible with everything else, just as long as it meets the criteria above

Also anyone give me their opinion on the corsair sp 2000's ? 

Thanks guys!

I guess you dont mind wireless if your flexible right?
Personaly im all over wireless because i dont like cables

I haven´t tried all that many but i can tell you abit of those i have.

Logitech G930:
Good: Good sound and great mic, never had any complains about either from friends or others over skype, the 9 hours life is plenty, just hook it up once your done and its fully loaded when you get back or plug it in and your good to go eitherway. they also sit nicely on the head,
Looks wise...hmm, personaly i think they look sweet.
Bad: they are not the most durable headset i have, the plastic parts holding the earcuffs on mine broke and this is a known issue that many who ownd a pair knows of, but thats pretty much the only downside.
Personal opinion: They did last for around 2 years for me and with some nice glue i could fix the platic that broke.

Creative Recon3D Omega: (includes a External soundcard)
Good: Great sound and great mic, id say the sound and mic are better then the G930, but this could be all thanks to the external soundcard, idunno :P and the battery last around as long as G930

Bad: Terrible Ear cuffs!..well the deph in them is bad, your ears will touch the speakers! i actualy had to take off the padings from my G930 and add them ON my Recon3D´s Padding to make them feel comfy, the Recon´s pads are also small. otherwise they sit nicely on the head, the headset also feels very....plastic, like cheap plastic unlike the G930.
Instal issues, it took me awhile to get them to work fully, and sync them with the Wireless Soundcard.
Personal opinion: If you can get a workaround the Ear cuffs then this Headset+ External Soundcard is great, and you can plug this thing into your consol IF you got one (xbox 360 and Ps3) im going to keep mine and tinker with the cuffs.

I have another headset but its bluetooth and i use it mostly for my phone, the overall quality is below those two above but i love them anyway, they look funny on the head  :P

Aaaannd thats the only two i can only recomenand :P i was tempted to get a Corsair Vengence 2000 but i got the Recon3D instead because the sound quality was better. but yeah...crap comfort...

I hope other people can give you some more suggestions

Alright sounds good so far. Thanks man, great answer, very in depth. I'll be looking into those creative ones, i don't believe the ear cuffs will be a problem to me. 

Keep on coming with more suggestions guys :)

any of these, take your pick.

audiotechnica ad700, ath-m50

shure srh-840

sennheiser HD558, HD598

akg 550, K70x

beyerdynamic dt770, dt880, dt990

and an inline mic

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

What would be a good inline mic? 

I would suggest the Sony MA-900. They are open backed so would be good for gaming but they also have 70mm drivers so the bass is very good while still keeping a very detailed sound.

If you go for a Modmic or a clip-on mic your golden.

Headset

any of these, take your pick.

audiotechnica ad700, ath-m50

shure srh-840

sennheiser HD558, HD598

akg 550, K70x

beyerdynamic dt770, dt880, dt990

and an inline mic

I would just like to add that the AKG K70X headphones don't really come to life unless you amp them, also they may not be the best choice depending on the volume you have them set to since they're an open back design and will leak a lot of sound that can spill over to your microphone. (this can also be a positive if you want to be able to hear around you)

I think going for a proper set of headphones with an extra microphone is the best option as well; personally I am using the AKG Q701s (w/Matrix M-Stage) with a Blue Yeti.

beyerdynamic dt990 250ohm, they are quite comfortable and great sound with the Xonar DG Audio works fine with it. Just not a lot of bass and has a "light" sound compared to other headphones i used before like the Sony MDR-XB500.

Just my 2cents :)

Just not a lot of bass and has a "light" sound

You're the first person I've heard of that didn't think they were bass heavy.  Besides myself.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."