No more Spotify widget on Android since latest app version

Hi all,

I assume we got lots of Spotify (free/premium) users and a certain amount of us have an Android phone.

Since the latest version of Spotify on Android, Spotify has removed their widget...

Even if your widget is still on your homescreen, it doesn't work anymore. Pressing the buttons go no where.

Many posts have been created on various sites where lots of people (including me) are wondering why Spotify decided to remove this feature.

Spotify their current response:

"Control your music via the notifications"

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Widget-Removal/td-p/4800301

Even I find it annoying to now swipe down my notifications, just so I can control my next songs etc...

Anyone else also finds this annoying?

Edit: added link

1 hour ago, Sauce said:

Hi all,

I assume we got lots of Spotify (free/premium) users and a certain amount of us have an Android phone.

Since the latest version of Spotify on Android, Spotify has removed their widget...

Even if your widget is still on your homescreen, it doesn't work anymore. Pressing the buttons go no where.

Many posts have been created on various sites where lots of people (including me) are wondering why Spotify decided to remove this feature.

Spotify their current response:

"Control your music via the notifications"

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Widget-Removal/td-p/4800301

Even I find it annoying to now swipe down my notifications, just so I can control my next songs etc...

Anyone else also finds this annoying?

Edit: added link

It's actually better to have the controls in the notifications tab. Being in the notifications tab make it possible to change the track without going to the homescreen. Although they shouldn't have removed the widget feature. It was not it they were conflicting in any way.