AIO Intake or Exhaust?

I have a relatively new computer that I've built, specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz (CL15)

Storage: Adata SU655 960gb SSD, Seagate Constellation ES 3tb HDD

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 580

Power Supply: Bitfenix Formula Gold 650 Watt

Case: Cooler Master MB500

Right now I'm using the stock cooler that came with my processor, but I want to experiment with overclocking and also just get better temps in general. I am considering getting an AIO for my cooler, either a 240mm one as exhaust in the top, or a 280mm one as intake in the front. Can anyone give me pros and cons for both? Or just a recommendation in general?

5 minutes ago, Aaralli said:

I have a relatively new computer that I've built, specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz (CL15)

Storage: Adata SU655 960gb SSD, Seagate Constellation ES 3tb HDD

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 580

Power Supply: Bitfenix Formula Gold 650 Watt

Case: Cooler Master MB500

Right now I'm using the stock cooler that came with my processor, but I want to experiment with overclocking and also just get better temps in general. I am considering getting an AIO for my cooler, either a 240mm one as exhaust in the top, or a 280mm one as intake in the front. Can anyone give me pros and cons for both? Or just a recommendation in general?

If you are set on an AIO, get the 280mm as intake. But a Hyper 212 should also be just fine.

Cons to intake is under higher CPU loads you're now feeding your GPU hot air to cool itself. Before I expanded my custom loop to my GPU as well, it was running warmer than it was before because of this. Usually you want to keep air inside your case cool as well so that it can cool the passive cooled chipset and VRMs, as intake, they still get cooled but they will run warmer than before. Just something to keep in mind. with a 2600x and 580, you're honestly fine in either position it's just up to what you want either aesthetically or performance wise.