New build for cousin based off tips I found here

There seems to be a potential compatibility issue with the chipset but It looks fine to me. This is the max I can spend. Nothing has been purchased yet. Some things Im worried about is if the cooler and card will fit. He's good on operating system and storage. Im skeptical about the compatibility between the nvidia card and the amd cpu, I assumed they don't work well together but multiple people recommended amd. my cousin plays the latest games and this system needs to last him 5-7 years so he needs some good stuff right now to keep up later down the road. any tips on how to keep the same performance while being cheaper? I havent purchased anything

Actually pretty nice! 

My recommendation: Use the stock cooler, its fine for normal and non OC use. Then invest the saved money in 3600Mhz ram or beer :D

OR: when planing to OC, get a better Mobo and a better cooler.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

better Mobo

any particular one in mind? my cousin probably wont oc, so i probably dont need an expensive cooler. 

2 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

any particular one in mind? my cousin probably wont oc, so i probably dont need an expensive cooler. 

i am sorry, I changed it to better ram. I mistake the mobo for a different one at first. The one you have is fine!

Ok, when he is not owing just use the stock cooler. Its better than any stock cooler before. For stock operation its pretty awesome! sure for absolute silence you need something diferent.

But the Freezer is not that much better at stock speeds

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

i am sorry, I changed it to better ram. I mistake the mobo for a different one at first. The one you have is fine!

Ok, when he is not owing just use the stock cooler. Its better than any stock cooler before. For stock operation its pretty awesome! sure for absolute silence you need something diferent.

But the Freezer is not that much better at stock speeds

could he just oc the ram to get equivalent performance? is 3600mhz that much better?

6 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

could he just oc the ram to get equivalent performance? is 3600mhz that much better?

in the next days there will be a LTT video about this! Its not THAT big of a difference, few percent, but the price difference should be like 10bucks

when considering to going stock cooler you have that budget :) 

Go with an ATX board. The MAX boards should be due soon so maybe wait for one of those.

This 3000 kit is nice and cheap and should overclock well.

The RTX 2070 makes no sense now that the 2060S is out.

Meshify has better airflow.

Semi modular psu makes cable management a bit easier.

Overall its a solid build. The only thing i'd really change is the power supply, i didn't even know bitfenix made them, its not even modular. I'd go with this one from evga its a few $ cheaper and its semi modular.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DmWrxr/evga-bq-600w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0600-k1

You also may have to update the bios on the motherboard. here's some info:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

12 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

My recommendation: Use the stock cooler

I'm sorry but i have to disagree, the included wraith stealth cooler is junk, it runs hot and gets loud when you push it. The upgraded cooler will be quieter and allow the cpu to boost higher.

40 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

Im skeptical about the compatibility between the nvidia card and the amd cpu

This is a myth, a internet fallacy. There are no compatibility issues using amd with intel.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Go with an ATX board. The MAX boards should be due soon so maybe wait for one of those.

This 3000 kit is nice and cheap and should overclock well.

The RTX 2070 makes no sense now that the 2060S is out.

Meshify has better airflow.

Semi modular psu makes cable management a bit easier.

yup! but still 3600Mhz is nice

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

yup! but still 3600Mhz is nice

That Ram should easily overclock to 3600. Tools like Ryzen DRAM calc make it a lot easier. 

3 minutes ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

I'm sorry but i have to disagree, the included wraith stealth cooler is junk, it runs hot and gets loud when you push it. The upgraded cooler will be quieter and allow the cpu to boost higher.

hm, my GF has one and its runs fairly nice under load. GPU is "louder". Boost won't do much perf improvement.

My recommendation is always to try with stealth (and other TIM!, that also helps it) and if its to low for OP he can sell it and get a aftermarket cooler. Considering the Freezer I won't recommend it, but the BeQuiet shadow rock 2 -> cooler+ quieter at same price

Just now, lee32uk said:

That Ram should easily overclock to 3600. Tools like Ryzen DRAM calc make it a lot easier. 

yes the tool is cool, but I dont think it will go that high (with fast timings). The chips on those sticks are cheap

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

yes the tool is cool, but I dont think it will go that high (with fast timings). The chips on those sticks are cheap

Except Micron E die has been used to break the world record for overclocking DDR4 ram. 

http://investors.micron.com/news-releases/news-release-details/micron-memory-sets-new-ddr4-overclocking-world-record

Of course the kit above isn't the same base speed but that shows you the overclocking potential of E die. I have seen people on other forums getting great results with this ram with a Ryzen 3xxx cpu.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Except Micron E die has been used to break the world record for overclocking DDR4 ram. 

http://investors.micron.com/news-releases/news-release-details/micron-memory-sets-new-ddr4-overclocking-world-record

Of course the kit above isn't the same base speed but that shows you the overclocking potential of E die. I have seen people on other forums getting great results with this ram with a Ryzen 3xxx cpu.

but I guess only with much luck at the silicon lottery. Well my point is just that the price difference between 3000 and 3600 is worth the perf increase w/o OC. Beyond that OC does not help because of infinity fabric. But running on a save XMP (whatever it is called on AMD) and then OCing the CPU is better and wort 10/20 bucks ;)

k, heres the changed build based off what people here have said. I think im gonna keep the memory as saving money, even 20 or so dollars is worth more than a tiny boost to ram speed. ill oc when i can. the cooler looks nice so ill keep it. ill oc the cpu for him. i changed the psu, mobo and graphics card. im skeptical on the graphics card change. is the 2060S as good as what i had before?

11 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

but I guess only with much luck at the silicon lottery. Well my point is just that the price difference between 3000 and 3600 is worth the perf increase w/o OC. Beyond that OC does not help because of infinity fabric. But running on a save XMP (whatever it is called on AMD) and then OCing the CPU is better and wort 10/20 bucks ;)

You would have to be extremely unlucky not to get 3600 out of a 3000 kit. Also the cheapest 3600 kit is $77.99 and is CL19. In any case you are not going to see much of a difference between 3000 and 3600 in general usage. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-zen-2-memory-performance-scaling-benchmark/4.html

5 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

k, heres the changed build based off what people here have said. I think im gonna keep the memory as saving money, even 20 or so dollars is worth more than a tiny boost to ram speed. ill oc when i can. the cooler looks nice so ill keep it. ill oc the cpu for him. i changed the psu, mobo and graphics card. im skeptical on the graphics card change. is the 2060S as good as what i had before?

The Corsair TXM is a better psu. That EVGA one is pretty crap.

The 2060S is pretty much the same performance as a 2070 for less money.

Just now, lee32uk said:

Yes, but the 650W is the same price so go with that instead. Also see my edit above re the gpu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na

ok. does everything else look good in your eyes? im ordering the parts for him on friday.

5 minutes ago, SickBangerzM9 said:

ok. does everything else look good in your eyes? im ordering the parts for him on friday.

Yes but I prefer the Meshify for the better airflow. Also see if you can get an ETA on the MAX version of the Tomahawk board from your retailer. They are supposedly due out any time soon. They come with an up to date bios so no need to so bios flashback. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX