Is the Pi 4 Worth it?

Nettly_

Assuming that people understand that the official list of online retailers is on https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/ (scroll down) and that people can buy one and receive it now rather than later.

For those who got it, is it any good? should I stick with my 3 B+? What are the biggest downsides? What are some good things?

I want to hear opinions because I am debating if buying it is worth it or not. (planning on getting the 4GB ram version for use as a medium sized workload station for web application hosting)

It has a more powerful CPU and more RAM but not all people need it. For web hosting however, bot are more useful and will make the loading times lower

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

the new pi4 is more meant to be used as a desktop, that is why it has alot more ram

is faster, has faster ethernet, faster usb 3 ports, is better, but if you are happy with what your 3b+ offers, you dont necesarily need it

if you want one and can afford it, so you have two, well, i would buy it if i was you

36 minutes ago, SafyreLyons-5LT said:

Assuming that people understand that the official list of online retailers is on https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/ (scroll down) and that people can buy one and receive it now rather than later.

For those who got it, is it any good? should I stick with my 3 B+? What are the biggest downsides? What are some good things?

I want to hear opinions because I am debating if buying it is worth it or not. (planning on getting the 4GB ram version for use as a medium sized workload station for web application hosting)

The Pi3 is anemic.  Not just because of the CPU/RAM, but because of the Ethernet and USB limitations.

The USB3 and GbE are 100% worth it in any kind of use case that hits the HDD/storage/network with any kind of intensity.

Since I felt I couldn't pick one answer:

26 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Like anything else with hardware: is your current hardware not doing something you want/need that the newer one will? If the answer is yes, then it's worth it.

Well thought out and simple

26 minutes ago, goto10 said:

the new pi4 is more meant to be used as a desktop, that is why it has alot more ram

is faster, has faster ethernet, faster usb 3 ports, is better, but if you are happy with what your 3b+ offers, you dont necesarily need it

if you want one and can afford it, so you have two, well, i would buy it if i was you

Good points, yet not too long

3 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

The Pi3 is anemic.  Not just because of the CPU/RAM, but because of the Ethernet and USB limitations.

The USB3 and GbE are 100% worth it in any kind of use case that hits the HDD/storage/network with any kind of intensity.

Makes great points on hardware.

Thank you
@Mira Yurizaki
@goto10
and @KarathKasun

Your answers were all awesome!