my temps for my i5-8400 is hitting 76C when benchmarking with assassins creed odysseys menu.

My GPU is GTX 1080 SC is hitting a max of 76C

recently i have experienced some random restarts too (not too often but they did start happening recently) i first got the random restart when trying to start up a VR game pavlov as soon as i click play it makes my PC restart. and when hooking up my VR's sensors initially. thats why im thinking it could be a faulty PSU but i want to make sure it isnt my temps before i blow $100 on a new one

my current PSU is 'thermaltake 600W'  and my PC is only about a year or two old. i just moved to a new room where it is fairly toasty so that may be it...any personal opinions are appreciated as well as professional opinions and i'll try my best to provide any further info about my PC 

284300469_Screenshot(39).png.e80f5ab982b04e658c1bb3a5cc9dfc5b.png

It's summer here, i hit those temps some times

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, Constantin said:

It's summer here, i hit those temps some times

are these normal temps? safe, as in wont harm my PC in the long run

1 hour ago, Davikcdt44 said:

are these normal temps? safe, as in wont harm my PC in the long run

75ich is normal in a hot ambiance temperature

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Seems pretty normal. It is very difficult to damage your computer with high temperatures because all CPU's auto shut off, or downclock at 99 or 100c. So will your GPU when it hits around 95c.

It is basically software in your components making sure that they will never be damaged by temps.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

4 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

Seems pretty normal. It is very difficult to damage your computer with high temperatures because all CPU's auto shut off, or downclock at 99 or 100c. So will your GPU when it hits around 95c.

It is basically software in your components making sure that they will never be damaged by temps.

so is this a PSU issue? i dont remember any restarts until i am using VR but i could be remembering incorrectly, i have a bad memory so....

Are you getting a bsod when it restarts? As long as your temps are under 100C you will be fine, though lower is better.

If you are getting a bsod you can use software such as blue screen view to determine what the cause of it was.

16 minutes ago, Davikcdt44 said:

so is this a PSU issue? i dont remember any restarts until i am using VR but i could be remembering incorrectly, i have a bad memory so....

If you are crashing when you start up a game/program. That usually means there is some kinda of instability in your system. I cannot help much more than that, sorry.

Join HWBot or OCN

19 minutes ago, RozRocks said:

Are you getting a bsod when it restarts? As long as your temps are under 100C you will be fine, though lower is better.

If you are getting a bsod you can use software such as blue screen view to determine what the cause of it was.

i am not getting bsod, just a restart

9 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

If you are crashing when you start up a game/program. That usually means there is some kinda of instability in your system. I cannot help much more than that, sorry.

instability in my system? what do you mean? is this not a fixable thing?...i was able to play the game previously but the restart issue happened recently in all honesty i think it was that game somehow...after playing other games i have gotten no restart 

It definitely could be a problem with the game your playing. If other games start up fine.

Only thing I can recommend doing is to download a few stress test programs for your CPU and GPU. Run those to simulate maximum load on the components so you can pinpoint what is the problem.

For CPU I would recommend Prime95 ver.26.6 or AIDA64 for testing. For GPU I would recommend something like Unigine Heaven or Valley. Maybe Furmark if you really really want to blast your GPU. Or 3dMark. If you can run those without crashing for like 30min to a hour, then your system is stable. If any of those programs crash, then you know where your problem is.

Do NOT run several of those programs at once. Only one at a time. And the whole time you need to watch your CPU and GPU temperatures. If anything goes above 85-90c stop the test.

Join HWBot or OCN

On 7/12/2019 at 1:01 PM, Fakmykak said:

It definitely could be a problem with the game your playing. If other games start up fine.

Only thing I can recommend doing is to download a few stress test programs for your CPU and GPU. Run those to simulate maximum load on the components so you can pinpoint what is the problem.

For CPU I would recommend Prime95 ver.26.6 or AIDA64 for testing. For GPU I would recommend something like Unigine Heaven or Valley. Maybe Furmark if you really really want to blast your GPU. Or 3dMark. If you can run those without crashing for like 30min to a hour, then your system is stable. If any of those programs crash, then you know where your problem is.

Do NOT run several of those programs at once. Only one at a time. And the whole time you need to watch your CPU and GPU temperatures. If anything goes above 85-90c stop the test.

hmmm ran a few tests and everything is running smoothly, i think i will just get a new PSU and just assume its that VR game cheers my friend. your advice was helpful 

13 hours ago, Davikcdt44 said:

hmmm ran a few tests and everything is running smoothly, i think i will just get a new PSU and just assume its that VR game cheers my friend. your advice was helpful 

No problem. Good luck finding a solution.

Join HWBot or OCN