MAX LOAD, AWFUL PERFORMANCE

Hi all,

My system is a 2700X and RTX 2080.
A couple of times in the past, and again right now, I get this very strange problem. My graphics card reports 100% load and utilization, 100% power draw, but gives me fuck all performance, dropping down to 70 frames in R6 Siege in 1080p.
Driver rollbacks and updates do not help. Clean installs didn't work. Windows reinstalled changed nothing. I have tried disabling Windows game DVR, reseating the GPU, clean wiping all graphics drivers and even opting out of steam beta.

Does anyone have ANY idea what is happening? I work in a tech shop and have had the card extensively tested, and nothing is wrong physically, so it MUST be a stupid AF driver or windows issue.

PLEASE HELP!

3 minutes ago, Rowie94 said:

so it MUST be a stupid AF driver issue

Doesn't sound like a driver issue to me considering you reinstalled, rolled back and clean installed it... does it happen with other graphics cards? Does it happen with that graphics card on another computer?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Doesn't sound like a driver issue to me considering you reinstalled, rolled back and clean installed it... does it happen with other graphics cards? Does it happen with that graphics card on another computer?

When I had the 2080 in for testing, I used a GT710 just to keep me going. After seeing 5fps in Monster Hunter, I reinstalled windows again and saw 20fps. When I got my card back, it was back to normal. So yes, the issue persists with other cards.

4 minutes ago, Rowie94 said:

When I had the 2080 in for testing, I used a GT710 just to keep me going. After seeing 5fps in Monster Hunter, I reinstalled windows again and saw 20fps. When I got my card back, it was back to normal. So yes, the issue persists with other cards.

It could be a slow and/or damage hard drive - which might explain the difference across installations and the eventual return of the issue. Alternatively it could be something with your motherboard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*