My first "BigRig" with I9-9900K and a 2080ti.

I have been looking at parts for my very first "propper" big build, i have never come close to dropping half the money i have saved up for this and i really want to make sure that what i actually get works nicely together without any known hiccups or compatabillity issues i've gone amiss.

I don't quite know how to link a full build here but i'll try writing as specificly as i can.

CPU: I9-9900K

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti VENTUS

Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151

PSU: Corsair TX750M, 750W

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB

2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD (i have several other HDD from previous builds.)

Corsair Hydro H100i PRO RGB CPU COOLER

Midi Tower: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Silent

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

I smell BBQ

Oh?

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

I smell BBQ

LOL

17 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

Start by going with the going with the best consumer CPU. 

That being the 3900x

21 minutes ago, Queen Chrysallis said:

I smell BBQ

A random guy on forum scared me and made me buy more expensive motherboard too xD 
I bought MSI MPG 390 Gaming Pro Carbon Z390. It has 2 power connectors for the CPU and works just fine with my i7-9700K.

AMD's new CPUs are great, but for gaming, Intel is still better ;) ... but anyway, who needs such powerful chips?
Both AMD and Intels top tier chips can do 240 fps+, it's the GPUs which bottleneck now.

4 minutes ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

has 2 power connectors for the CPU

Like the CPU ever needs more than a single powerconnector............

Powerconnector has literally nothing to do with powerdelivery of the CPU. 

Besides. 3900x is the better buy over the 9900k. 

The 3900X has proven quite a few times lately, although sometimes "better" it seems a bit more of an unstable choice for me considering most games support the I9better, and i can it get for 500 USD blank, and the 3900X costs 702 USD. (Norway prices are wonky).
And as i feel, if  i get a chip like that i might aswell get a mobo that supports it and on avarage costs 200~ usd more than the one i linked for a total of 135usd.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

You might say that but so far i am not convinced and that is why i base my build firstly on the i9.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

How do you even know what the power delivery is like on different motherboards? Did you design them?
I assume if such an expensive mobo has 2 power connectors, it can actually supply enough power for them...

6 minutes ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

How do you even know what the power delivery is like on different motherboards? Did you design them?

I didnt design them. But i keeo track of how good the powerdelivery is on different boards.

7 minutes ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

assume if such an expensive mobo has 2 power connectors, it can actually supply enough power for them...

You dont know anything about anything about mobo designs and powerdelivery designs, nor how much power a minimum 8 pin EPS connector can deliver do you... 

19 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

500 USD blank, and the 3900X costs 702 USD. (Norway prices are wonky).

I just doublechecked pricing. The 3900x is only 400NOK more........

So thats a lie

7 minutes ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

I assume if such an expensive mobo has 2 power connectors, it can actually supply enough power for them...

One 8 pin connector should be able to supply 384w. 

The power delivery exists of some mosfets and controllers and sometimes doublers witch have datasheets that can be found online. So determining the quality of the vrm isn't extremely difficult. 

13 minutes ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

I assume if

Yeah, the attitude here is wrong, as is the assumption being made.  Let me just stop you by saying, if you're trying to win an argument about facts and saying "I assume" you've already lost.  It's time to face real facts and understand you cannot just boil-down motherboard VRM quality to how many connectors the board has.  That's like saying PSU quality is all about how many modular 6/8 pin connectors it has only.  Not the way it works.

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I just doublechecked pricing. The 3900x is only 400NOK more........

So thats a lie

https://www.komplett.no/product/1132197/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/prosessorer/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-prosessor

https://www.komplett.no/product/1097872/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/prosessorer/intel-core-i9-9900k-prosessor

I get the latter for 4300,- an offer i got due to pricematch. If you want i can screenshott it for you for proof? But as far as i can tell my point stands still even with only 400 NOK price difference considering MOBO pricing. But hey, i came here with high hopes and starting to realise i maybe shouldnt have.

2 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

https://www.komplett.no/product/1132197/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/prosessorer/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-prosessor

https://www.komplett.no/product/1097872/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/prosessorer/intel-core-i9-9900k-prosessor

I get the latter for 4300,- an offer i got due to pricematch. If you want i can screenshott it for you for proof? But as far as i can tell my point stands still even with only 400 NOK price difference considering MOBO pricing. But hey, i came here with high hopes and starting to realise i maybe shouldnt have.

Prisjakt.no is the way to go for pricing btw. 

I did see however the 3900x is sold out in most places. 

So thats what i got from pricing. Still doesnt account to 200$. 

Mobo pricing is quite similar not counting x470.

Still tho. Swap the mobo to something else from the tierlist. If you are sure you want the 9900k for some reason. You arent getting a good mobo from asus in z390 in general.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Prisjakt.no is the way to go for pricing btw.

I think you missed my point, i currently have an offer from Komplett getting the I9 for 4300,- and being fair i compaired the price with kompletts own price on the 3900X being at 5999,-

And again, this mobo in particular i have an offer for amounting to 135~, considering most of the new ones that are "recommended" as far as i could gett cost upwards of 350 usd.

But then again, i have about 2700 usd to play with that is why i found the I9 to be the most reasonable choice.

6 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

think you missed my point

So did youm using the price of 4300. You could also ask them to pricemat h the 3900x down to 5k like you did the 9900k.......

Also why buy from one site when its mire expencive by a lot?

8 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

But then again, i have about 2700 usd to play with that is why i found the I9 to be the most reasonable choice.

Could allways grab an 3700x and get more to play with everywhere else

Honestly i don't understand your reasoning when the 3700X anyway costs me more no matter how you twist it.

To turn the table, what mobo would pair well with the 3900X then?

Is this a gaming pc ?

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Is this a gaming pc ?

Yeah.

8 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

Yeah.

In that case the 3900X offers no advantage over the 3700X for that. A 3700X and decent X570 board such as the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X would do nicely. You would still have the option of upgrading to a 12c/16c etc later on if you wanted.

2 hours ago, chawbaka said:

I have been looking at parts for my very first "propper" big build, i have never come close to dropping half the money i have saved up for this and i really want to make sure that what i actually get works nicely together without any known hiccups or compatabillity issues i've gone amiss.

I don't quite know how to link a full build here but i'll try writing as specificly as i can.

PSU: Corsair TX750M, 750W

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB

2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD (i have several other HDD from previous builds.)

Corsair Hydro H100i PRO RGB CPU COOLER

Midi Tower: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Silent

Ignore the AMD fanboys. There are times where the 3900X would be a better choice, but at the moment it isn't in gaming. (Although that is likely going to change in the next few months as AMD and software developers refine and optimize their products.)

Everything will work together.

Unless you want to overclock, the motherboard is fine.

You may want to consider a 360 aio like the H150i Pro RGB.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, brob said:

Ignore the AMD fanboys. There are times where the 3900X would be a better choice, but at the moment it isn't in gaming. (Although that is likely going to change in the next few months as AMD and software developers refine and optimize their products.)

Everything will work together.

Unless you want to overclock, the motherboard is fine.

You may want to consider a 360 aio like the H150i Pro RGB.

Thank you. As of date, people are gaming+streaming on the i9 just fine, and i am literally saving money on it.
Overclocking wasnt really a plan, but it could come in handy at some point. Would the mobo not suffice or?

1 minute ago, chawbaka said:

Thank you. As of date, people are gaming+streaming on the i9 just fine, and i am literally saving money on it.
Overclocking wasnt really a plan, but it could come in handy at some point. Would the mobo not suffice or?

If you want a 9900K then get one of the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus boards. They have far better VRM's at the same price point.