Looking for help in budget PC

Hi! I recently found a used PC with a intel core i5 4460, rx 580 4gb, 8gb ddr3 memory and a 240gb ssd. Is it good enough for gaming since the i5 4th gen is a bit old? Also for how many years will it last before changing the cpu (as I've seen the rx 580 is great for AAA games). Thanks.

Price: $420 or 350€

Edited by EL02
Added price

IMO that's too much for that system. Try and talk the seller down to $370ish or less and then throw in a used i7.

What games are you trying to play?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

Hi! I recently found a used PC with a intel core i5 4460, rx 580 4gb, 8gb ddr3 memory and a 240gb ssd. Is it good enough for gaming since the i5 4th gen is a bit old? Also for how many years will it last before changing the cpu (as I've seen the rx 580 is great for AAA games). Thanks.

Price: $420 or 350€

i would rather have a ryzen 3 1200 and the rest you will figure it out.

24 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i would rather have a ryzen 3 1200 and the rest you will figure it out.

Yes, but I've gotta change the motherboard if I go for a ryzen cpu. 

3 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Yes, but I've gotta change the motherboard if I go for a ryzen cpu. 

do you already have it? i mean a ryzen 3 1200 sytem is around the same price tbh for me in my country with the support of aliexpress.

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

IMO that's too much for that system. Try and talk the seller down to $370ish or less and then throw in a used i7.

What games are you trying to play?

Is it that overpriced? I also found a ryzen 5 2400g with integrated vega 11 graphics, 8gb dual channel ddr4 2666mhz, 240gb ssd. But it was around $470 and in new condition. Thats basically the lowest prices PCs go in my country.

1 hour ago, Oalei said:

do you already have it? i mean a ryzen 3 1200 sytem is around the same price tbh for me in my country with the support of aliexpress.

No, my country taxes 22% of the price of online bought products. So that would bring up the price by a lot. Also it was pre built.

It's a bit overpriced if you ask me, but it would play games :D I use a 3rd gen i5 to play games with a rx 560 and I get 60 on most every game, and the 580 will make it better then mine, so its a bit overpriced, but it would game

4 minutes ago, ComputerNerdDude158 said:

It's a bit overpriced if you ask me, but it would play games :D I use a 3rd gen i5 to play games with a rx 560 and I get 60 on most every game, and the 580 will make it better then mine, so its a bit overpriced, but it would game

Yeah, i would definitely like an i7 for that price. How much did yours cost and what games do you play? Plz include settings.

54 minutes ago, EL02 said:

No, my country taxes 22% of the price of online bought products. So that would bring up the price by a lot.

OK so how about a non alieprrss way and go locally it's Pretty much 70usd, mobo could be around another 60-80usd, ram is questionable I could get a 2x8gb 70-90usd, cheap enough PSU like U9/CX450 with a used RX470/570/480/580 for around 60-100usd

9 minutes ago, Oalei said:

OK so how about a non alieprrss way and go locally it's Pretty much 70usd, mobo could be around another 60-80usd, ram is questionable I could get a 2x8gb 70-90usd, cheap enough PSU like U9/CX450 with a used RX470/570/480/580 for around 60-100usd

I've been looking for 2-3 months now and went to a local store like yesterday that only had intel CPUs and it's the only store that does not overprice stuff. Btw i live in albania, so i dont have many options. Anyway thnx for the response 

3 minutes ago, EL02 said:

I've been looking for 2-3 months now and went to a local store like yesterday that only had intel CPUs and it's the only store that does not overprice stuff. Btw i live in albania, so i dont have many options. Anyway thnx for the response 

i meant used stuff, new stuff is expensive but nvm. how about a i7 2600/3770? i mean its not that much different but have 8threads.

8 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i meant used stuff, new stuff is expensive but nvm. how about a i7 2600/3770? i mean its not that much different but have 8threads.

Prices are crazy here. The same pc but with i7 was around €550 or $675. I've got only two choices: the computer we're talking about or ryzen 5 2400g with vega 11, 8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram and 240gb ssd for $460 (new). Can you help with the choices?

18 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Prices are crazy here. The same pc but with i7 was around €550 or $675. I've got only two choices: the computer we're talking about or ryzen 5 2400g with vega 11, 8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram and 240gb ssd for $460 (new). Can you help with the choices?

I opted for 5 2400g and add another 8gb with a gpu later on honestly. Well prices may drip with the launch of zen 2, so hope it will on your country.

13 minutes ago, Oalei said:

I opted for 5 2400g and add another 8gb with a gpu later on honestly. Well prices may drip with the launch of zen 2, so hope it will on your country.

Yeah, there isnt a lot of upgradebility potential in the first one because I've to change the whole motherboard with the ram and cpu if i want it to be faster. But in the other one i can just add a graphics card. 

51 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Srry for the long conversation. What about getting a PC with a ryzen 3 2200g, 8gb ddr4 dual channel, 240gb ssd for $330 and also seperately buying rx 560 for $130? Again sorry if im taking too much time.

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

Srry for the long conversation. What about getting a PC with a ryzen 3 2200g, 8gb ddr4 dual channel, 240gb ssd for $330 and also seperately buying rx 560 for $130? Again sorry if im taking too much time.

RX560 Vs Vega 11 not a chance and the other way around, if its a used RX570/470 for that I would take the RX570/470. The difference between RX560 and 570 is like day and night, with your aim of 60fps 1080 the rx570/470 will deliver what you want most of the time with combination of high and medium. 

It's not like I'm super busy at 10am.