Windows 10 chaotic service

mockedarche

Man here lately I keep running into more and more issues with windows 10. I hate these seasonal updates I swear. Alright I turned on my pc and now for some random reason this service is using a lot of cpu usage and wont stop. (shown in pic). This service is for windows audio meaning if I stop it then I can't have audio. I tried restarting, updating, and running sfc /scannow nothing has changed. This is one a r7 1700 at 3.4ghz so that 3-5% (it fluctuates between there) is actually a lot of usage. Any suggestions?

image.png.4f0dadb500f86dd74fffbb7ad37b4980.png

Note I just tried restarting the service and the issue still persists. I really don't want to have to reinstall windows again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not a fix, but you could set the task priority to low. That way, whatever program you want to run will get the priority.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

Yep, sounds to me it is a driver issue with the hardwar eyou have and not Windows.

Make sure your graphics card drivers (as it has audio component for it) and your sound card/chip drivers are fully updated.

@GoodBytes I already have the latest installed and this issue wasn't occurring until yesterday. i've had the newest windows update 1903 for a couple weeks now. Guessing im just gonna have to reinstall windows.