Trying to delete the password/user of a second hard-drive.

Ofbasecfin

//ATTENTION\\

Help is no longer needed.

I moved away from my mother to my father for personal reasons and more freedom cause of a HUGE room I've got at my father.

So I had to get a new PC, didn't want to spend money on Windows so I decided to just live with the watermark.

But now, my mother got a new PC and she gave me hers cause I said I could do something with it.

People told me that Windows would be installed on the motherboard because it's a Dell computer and that I could not get windows onto my computer.

I've put the hard-drive in my computer, my computer saw it at a secondary hard-drive of course.

I deleted every thing like Steam for example on it so I could use it for storage.

Then the next day I turn my computer on and surprise surprise.

It's loading the secondary hard-drive as it's main, and I have to login with the user that that computer had.

But I forgot the password and I don't have that special USB windows wants me to use to reset it.

I've had to plug the hard-drive out before turning my PC on so it wouldn't boot up with that one, then when I plug it back in I can see it in file explorer again.

So my question here is, how do I remove the password or user in it's self to be able to use it for the fact that a paid windows is on there without watermark? 

Which is really annoying sometimes.

image.png.1e14f8f10c75a528eb4187db020ce711.png

This is the stuff that's in the secondary hard-drive.

Don't think it's going to work like that. Windows sees a new motherboard and it freaks out and won't be activated.

I'd just format the secondary drive and enjoy the space.

There are other places to get a Windows key that are inexpensive.

Also, we really don't need all the personal info to be able to help you.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Huh?

I think you're saying she gave you a computer and you want to use the drive out of it in your machine because it has a legit version of Windows.

If the version of WIndows on her machine was full retail then you can just move the licence across. You do this by formatting her machine (you can then use that drive for more storage if you want) and licencing your machine with her key.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

23 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Huh?

I think you're saying she gave you a computer and you want to use the drive out of it in your machine because it has a legit version of Windows.

If the version of WIndows on her machine was full retail then you can just move the licence across. You do this by formatting her machine (you can then use that drive for more storage if you want) and licencing your machine with her key.

The problem is that I don't have the key and I can't use her computer to try and figure it out since I sold the rest of it.

49 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Don't think it's going to work like that. Windows sees a new motherboard and it freaks out and won't be activated.

I'd just format the secondary drive and enjoy the space.

There are other places to get a Windows key that are inexpensive.

Also, we really don't need all the personal info to be able to help you.  

I wanted to do that til I figured out I can use it for full windows, all I have to do is login but I don't remember the password I put in.

And I didn't really go into personal info, just info of what's up so there's not 20 extra posts of just asking what happened and where I got it from.

There's the possibility depending on the key that was installed that Windows may deactivate itself once you login (if you login) because the motherboard has changed. I made an old guide that can help you reset the password on the drive but don't expect Windows to still be activated when you get it. If it's not you can just wipe the drive and use it as misc storage.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

There's the possibility depending on the key that was installed that Windows may deactivate itself once you login (if you login) because the motherboard has changed. I made an old guide that can help you reset the password on the drive but don't expect Windows to still be activated when you get it. If it's not you can just wipe the drive and use it as misc storage.

Thank you.

But I'd prefer to not have to download stuff and do all kinds of things.

I'm just going to clean the disk entirely and ignore the watermark like I always do.

It's actually rarely there.

6 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

Thank you.

But I'd prefer to not have to download stuff and do all kinds of things.

I've been told you can do some type of "hackery" where you bind CMD to your Shift key and access it while still locked out. Then from there you're suppose to be able to use CLI commands to essentially override the password but I haven't explored this method much.

7 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

The problem is that I don't have the key and I can't use her computer to try and figure it out since I sold the rest of it.

Well if you sold the PC and don't have a retail box then basically there is no licence for you to transfer.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Just buy a copy of Windows. I know it's $$ but you can rest easy in the confidence of being legit. Also when you play on the legit team you have the backing of all the legal systems, police, insurance, etc....

11 hours ago, keskparane said:

Just buy a copy of Windows. I know it's $$ but you can rest easy in the confidence of being legit. Also when you play on the legit team you have the backing of all the legal systems, police, insurance, etc....

I am so confused right now.

I've tried to delete everything from the secondary hd but I can't unfortunately.

But I realised that even after hours I wouldn't get a watermark now.

I checked and somehow putting that hd in my pc and taking it out gave me the key and activated it by it's self.

How??

Just, I am so confused, how does this work!?

Well, I got what I wanted I guess?