Zotac RTX 2060 heating up to 81 degrees under full load

I got this brand new custom gaming pc with new zotac rtx 2060. I am using Thermaltake Versa C23 Tempered Glass RGB Edition Mid-tower . It has proper ventilation. My ambient temperature is around 20 degrees and the idle GPU temperature hovers around 33 to 35 degrees. Under full load, it goes to 80 degrees or so. If i open the case, the temperature does fall 5 degrees less but i have seen people using this gpu and mostly they go up to 65 degrees under full load. What could be issue with mine? Could it be thermal paste? 

18 minutes ago, sazu said:

I got this brand new custom gaming pc with new zotac rtx 2060. I am using Thermaltake Versa C23 Tempered Glass RGB Edition Mid-tower . It has proper ventilation. My ambient temperature is around 20 degrees and the idle GPU temperature hovers around 33 to 35 degrees. Under full load, it goes to 80 degrees or so. If i open the case, the temperature does fall 5 degrees less but i have seen people using this gpu and mostly they go up to 65 degrees under full load. What could be issue with mine? Could it be thermal paste? 

When you open the case and it drop the temps that much then I guess most likely the problem is the case doesnt have good ventilation to cool the components inside it sufficiently.

I dont see any ventilation holes in front of the case except on its right side of the front panel which I guess is not enough to feed the components inside it with good amount of fresh air from it.

You got RGB but you heat what you got inside it.

That's a common problem with some cases, trades the cooling capability off for looks..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

You either could add a fan, or tweak the fan curves. But the temperatures aren't that alarming.

Could you also post how you have your fans set up in the case?

There might not be enough intake fans feeding in fresh air. The front of the case looks like it is restricting air inflow - with most of it coming in from the gap at the side and bottom of the front panel.

Also, agree with @Konrad_K that the temps are not really alarming. 

26 minutes ago, razaldo said:

Could you also post how you have your fans set up in the case?

There might not be enough intake fans feeding in fresh air. The front of the case looks like it is restricting air inflow - with most of it coming in from the gap at the side and bottom of the front panel.

Also, agree with @Konrad_K that the temps are not really alarming. 

Fans placement is just like shown in the pictures

https://www.pakdukaan.com/pc-hardware-accessories/computer-cases/thermaltake-computer-cases/thermaltake-versa-c23-tempered-glass-rgb-edition-mid-tower-chassis.html

The front has three rgb fans and top has ventilation holes and there is one out take fan at the back. I am using AMD ryzen 7 2700 stock fan for cpu and right below is my rtx 2060 dual fan and fans face downwards.  I have shared pictures

64636589_412618766017519_1033340956432138240_n.jpg

64443683_932918497047904_1831047139283697664_n.jpg

I hope those fans are in the correct orientation - the front panel as intake and the back panels as exhaust (there are arrows on the frame that point towards the airflow direction).

If the orientation is correct, and maybe someone else could chime in - the CPU fan might be the culprit. My hunch is that it is taking in the cool air and recirculating hot air into the case since it is flat.

A tower cooler (like hyper 212 or dark rock pro) would direct the air out of the case towards the exhaust vent.

48 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

You either could add a fan, or tweak the fan curves. But the temperatures aren't that alarming.

I am not sure but I heard rtx series starts throttling at 85 or something. MSI afterburner shows the card configured by default to throttle after 85 degrees . My temps are pretty close to threshold. I am not sure is it supposed to be this way. I have changed fan curve to some aggressive configuration and also under volted gpu to get higher frequency at low voltage, I am getting somewhat stable configuration. However after all this, I am only able to attain about 75 degrees on full load while fans running at 89 percent and max frequency of 1890mhz ( which is what this graphics card reaches by default given temps are good).

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.38.47 PM.png

5 minutes ago, razaldo said:

I hope those fans are in the correct orientation - the front panel as intake and the back panels as exhaust (there are arrows on the frame that point towards the airflow direction).

If the orientation is correct, and maybe someone else could chime in - the CPU fan might be the culprit. My hunch is that it is taking in the cool air and recirculating hot air into the case since it is flat.

A tower cooler (like hyper 212 or dark rock pro) would direct the air out of the case towards the exhaust vent.

Yes front fans are for intake and the airflows in from the side of the case (seems a weird configuration but I can feel the air coming from front fans towards back side). The CPU fan is pretty much working as you guessed, its taking up air from front and circulates through the heat sink beneath it and throws it out from sides of heat sink. Well I am not sure how much that is going to contribute to the issue as the cpus temperature remains at about 45 degrees under gaming load. Should I change my stock cpu fan with something more suited for my case?

8 minutes ago, sazu said:

Should I change my stock cpu fan with something more suited for my case?

I would wait for someone more experienced to chime in about this. Or if you can borrow a tower cooler and check it, that would be golden.

2 hours ago, razaldo said:

Or if you can borrow a tower cooler and check it, that would be golden.

I think you know that tower cooler is for CPU, but his problem is on GPU not on the CPU. The OP didnt even mention he got CPU temps problem. He opened the case and get 5C drops on the GPU, this indicate that the case has poor vents for supplying fresh air inside it.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

47 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I think you know that tower cooler is for CPU, but his problem is on GPU not on the CPU. The OP didnt even mention he got CPU temps problem. He opened the case and get 5C drops on the GPU, this indicate that the case has poor vents for supplying fresh air inside it.

I brought that up since my hunch was that the CPU cooler was throwing the hot air back into the case rather than expelling it out. This would in turn get sucked up by the GPU causing it to heat.

Maybe more exhausts might help solve this issue? What do you think?

5 minutes ago, razaldo said:

I brought that up since my hunch was that the CPU cooler was throwing the hot air back into the case rather than expelling it out. This would in turn get sucked up by the GPU causing it to heat.

Maybe more exhausts might help solve this issue? What do you think?

Or simply run the exhaust at higher RPM and run the triple intake as lowest as possible before changing any stuff.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

• 10 months later...

Hello, i have a Zotac RTX2060 AMP with same probs and i found out , that the construction of the cooling system on a 2060 with 2 vents is  junk. It doesn't matter if u have a good case with good airflow or a cheap one. the 2 vents blowing the hot air from the card not to the back of the case, they blow to the front of the case and producing with the front vents( in my Nox Hummer i have 3) a contra reaction, because the front blowers from the case blowing the hot air back into the graficcard. check that out and tell me what to do...