FREE $14.99 Steam Game June 13th

Paul Rudd

Enter the Gungeon is a $14.99 Steam game and is now FREE on the Epic Games store TODAY, Jun 13th, 2019. Steam link... Enter the Gungeon.

24,338 Very Positive reviews. It hit just over $5.00 at GOG ONE TIME back on August 14th - 21st of 2017, but I missed it. It's hit $7.49 monthly ever since.

Been waiting years to get this game. Thank you Epic for continuing to be so EPIC.

Epic Store. No thanks.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

29 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Epic Store. No thanks.

Based on...?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Based on...?

I don't like their really aggressive exclusivity deals. Also not super my kind of game tbh.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

13 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I don't like their really aggressive exclusivity deals.

Why not? What about them do you not like exactly?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I have all of the opinions on exclusivity deals but I also have a phone keyboard. TL:DR bad

She/they 

3 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Epic games is cancer and only cares bout money (like every company) but since they have a ton of fortnite money they are spending on making games exclusive just so you have to use Epic games launcher and hopefully buy more games on it and then stop buying on steam as much. sure its good for the business side but it makes me and others hate them, No matter what games are free or what games are exclusive I will not play them on Epic. IF that means I have to get it from other means then I will but I will not give epic any money or even my time by getting free games from them. 

we should be able to pick the platform we want to use for gaming. not be forced to pick or be forced to download 800 different launchers just so we one play 1 or 2 games on them we can't play on another. I like Ubisoft becase you can buy the game on steam and launch in from steam and have the steam overlay. Epic should allow that too but they don't want Valve getting any cut of money. 

Epic games to me is just an annoying kid that runs around saying "look at me" "look what I have" cool now move along I really don't care epic

only sheep who only care about free shit like EPIC as a company. or your a brain dead fortnite player who spends $20 a day on pixels that will not exist in 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, MrPoopyButtHole said:

only sheep who only care about free shit like EPIC as a company. or your a brain dead fortnite player who spends $20 a day on pixels that will not exist in 20 years. 

Just because you can't afford every game you want and take what you can get doesn't make you a sheep, as a company I don't like Epic but I suck it up cuz I'm broke and can't get a job. You are giving time to their launcher but that doesn't even mean you have to care about the company, I care about the game. I could add the games on steam as a non-steam game and you wouldn't know the difference, because you play the games to PLAY THE GAMES, not to fanboy about who you got it from. And if fortnite players wanna spend their hard earned money on something they enjoy doing then why would you care. I'm sure you spent money on a game that you only played through once. Does that make you brain dead? Does spending money on something you enjoy doing make you brain dead?

3 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

Just because you can't afford every game you want and take what you can get doesn't make you a sheep, as a company I don't like Epic but I suck it up cuz I'm broke and can't get a job. You are giving time to their launcher but that doesn't even mean you have to care about the company, I care about the game. I could add the games on steam as a non-steam game and you wouldn't know the difference, because you play the games to PLAY THE GAMES, not to fanboy about who you got it from. And if fortnite players wanna spend their hard earned money on something they enjoy doing then why would you care. I'm sure you spent money on a game that you only played through once. Does that make you brain dead? Does spending money on something you enjoy doing make you brain dead?

if you are broke that is your own fault, there is so many ways to make money now a days. go to goodwill buy a $3 shirt sell it on ebay for $20 mins the fees and shipping you just made $12 profit. now do that again but do a ton do research, go back to goodwill find something for $5 you can sell for $50, etc.. but being broke and only having money to pay bills and not luxury is not being broke. start a blog on a topic that is googled a ton and get ad money, look for freelance work online. there is sooooo many options and this can be jsut to make extra money to afford video games. work a 9-5 to pay bills go to goodwill for 1 hour maybe once or twice a week and make some extra profits on the side,

a luxury like a game is a thing you earn with hard work it is a reward, it should not just be a normal thing you get every single day to the point that its like water to you and you just expect to have a new one every day or week or month. 

not all games can be added to steam and still have the overlay. some games like overwatch will not work unless you launch it from the origin application and its not as easy as just adding to steam and launching it.  

I hope you know most fortnite players are kids so you mean spend their PARENTS hard earned money, or the steamers who spend hundreds on it and they do much work to earn that money huh, sitting in a chair playing games, taking, I do that daily and boy that is some hard ass work and I don't get paid to do that. 

and maybe when I was a kid I spent money on dumb stuff yes. but ever since I had a job I learned about a Roth IRA, investing, house hacking, credit card churning. I try not to make any purchase unless it can make me money some how. like if I buy a hose im going to make sure that house has space in it I can rent out so that it will make me money or over the rent I would have to pay so I can live for "free" Im a really money/business savvy person.  

that $10 you spend on a fortnight skin you will never get that $10 back, now if you invest that $10 in 20 years each $1 of that $10 will be worth $21 so you can spend $10 and never get it back or spend $10 now and get $441 in 20 years from that same $10. so yes spending money on a game skin does make your brain dead, as the part of your brain that says "invest in the future not the present" must be dead. 

16 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

you are the reason why epic is as big as it is, you say you don't like them but since they give you free stuff you indirectly support them (but its really directly supporting) they take advantage of the sheep who only think thoughts and have no actions. the majority of the population are sheep. I am even one just not as fooled as the rest 

3 minutes ago, MrPoopyButtHole said:

you are the reason why epic is as big as it is, you say you don't like them but since they give you free stuff you indirectly support them (but its really directly supporting) they take advantage of the sheep who only think thoughts and have no actions. the majority of the population are sheep. I am even one just not as fooled as the rest 

You aren't some messiah coming to lead away the blind, you're just a toxic steam fanboy. I'm 16 in a rural area where I literally can't make money. Don't try to spin some blogging crap because that leads nowhere fast when the only thing you can blog about is the weather where you live. Why is the steam overlay such a big deal for you, indie titles can have it without everyone freaking out about it. And even discord is making exclusive games, you can't just say "It's not steam so screw it", yes as you said they are a business is purely for profit and blah blah blah but that's literally every company. I think they will eventually change and start branching out with other partners. Gabe Newell didn't wanna partner with sony before portal 2, he eventually did branch out and became more community-based. Either they will improve or they will die out, that's just the way this kind of game works. And yes the fortnite community is a bunch of 12-year-olds with their parent's credit cards (and I honestly dislike that community) but they will eventually die out as well, give it a few years and they'll either grow up or get bored of the thing. Plus the devs that made the free games still made sales (probable pennies per copy) and their game still lives on a few years after their community died out, bringing new members to their community. Also even if after this you're still gonna be preachy "All hail Gabe Newell" stuff then no one's probably gonna listen, especially since this is a post about free games that us "sheep" will be magnetized to. It's free games, suck it up, no one cares, move on. I'm done with this crap

4 hours ago, MrPoopyButtHole said:

Epic games is cancer and only cares bout money (like every company)

It's pretty natural for people, including devs, to care about money. Most of us get paid and pay for shit. Well, we at least pay, that is certain.

but since they have a ton of fortnite money they are spending on making games exclusive just so you have to use Epic games launcher

Can you create something better? Something more to your liking? I'm down for testing it out. Imo, they earned the right to do whatever they want with the money they generated. And what's wrong with the Epic Games launcher? It has performed flawlessly for me for over 6 months now. Literally zero issues with it.

and hopefully buy more games on it and then stop buying on steam as much.

I have not spent a single dollar at the Epic Games store yet. If a price is right on a game I might want to play though, I won't hesitate to buy it. I still buy games on Steam every now and then, but not as much because I have over 200 games in my Steam library. But when the price is right on Steam games, I won't hesitate to buy them either. I'm not one to worry about insulting prices dangled around in front of me. Eventually, they hit much lower prices at places other than Steam or EG. Whether or not I get a Steam or UPlay or Origin key from them, I could care less because I have all those launchers. And guess what, zero issues with them as well. Sure little things arise that I have to look into fixing, but when you've been doing that type of thing for so long, it becomes second nature to get a game up and running to your liking.

sure its good for the business side but it makes me and others hate them

Hate comes from not understanding and a lack of communication skills. Hate also stems from fear. What exactly are you afraid of?

No matter what games are free or what games are exclusive I will not play them on Epic.

That is your choice. And our gain.

IF that means I have to get it from other means then I will but I will not give epic any money or even my time by getting free games from them. 

How exactly would Epic Games get money from you if you were to only download and play the games they give away for free?

I would continue to read and respond to everything else you've stated right now, but I'm off to watch a ball game. This is an interesting topic of discussion though. Feel free to join in if you are reading this.

Okay, back to responding...

5 hours ago, MrPoopyButtHole said:

we should be able to pick the platform we want to use for gaming. not be forced to pick or be forced to download 800 different launchers just so we one play 1 or 2 games on them we can't play on another.

Why exactly should we be able to play all our games in one place? Sounds like a dream to me but not everything in this world is as convenient as it can possibly be. I use a lot of launchers, but nowhere near 800. I use less than 1% of 800. Could you inform me of the 793 other launchers that you are aware of? All I have is Steam, UPlay, Origin, Epic Games Launcher, GOG Galaxy, Blizzard and GameSessions. And last time I checked, you can play well over 1 or 2 games on each of them. Whether they can be played on other launchers simply does not matter to me. If you could inform me of why it matters to you, I'd like to hear it because I conveniently play every single game that I play, whenever I wish to play it.

I like Ubisoft becase you can buy the game on steam and launch in from steam and have the steam overlay. Epic should allow that too but they don't want Valve getting any cut of money.

Why exactly do you need to launch in from Steam and have the Steam overlay? I truly would like to know every single reason you can come up with. And Epic doesn't have to allow everything everyone wants. They can't exactly please everyones dreams. They can't know everything everyone wants and run a perfect launcher.

Epic games to me is just an annoying kid that runs around saying "look at me" "look what I have" cool now move along I really don't care epic

Move along? It's a place dude. It ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon. If you don't like what you see, that's just your vision. My vision of Epic is a place to grab free games 2-4 times a month and wait for all the other games to hit a price that I can afford. If a game is not at a price that I can afford, I don't even look into what it actually is. I do that to keep it fresh for when it hits my price. Which is a shame really because the Epic store has been growing big time and the games look like nothing but quality games. Too bad I won't know much about them until they hit my price tag. Except for the free ones. Which have been nothing but Epic so far. Only one game I have not cared much for because I don't have multiple people that'll care much to play it and that is the You Don't Know Jack collection they gave out a few months ago. I like the game, you just need peeps to play it with.

only sheep who only care about free shit like EPIC as a company.

So I'm a sheep now? Awesome. I prefer the chicken but I do like to switch it up and be the sheep from time to time...

sheep.jpg.1257ede970048c9e8259a422eb313c9f.jpg

or your a brain dead fortnite player who spends $20 a day on pixels that will not exist in 20 years.

I've played around 1 hour total of Fortnite, 2 hours at most. It's just not for me. I do like the graphics but the gameplay I would prefer to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield games where you get to respawn and continue playing instead of having to start over. If anyone reading this knows a game like that, I'm all ears. It has to be just like it though. With the only difference being what I just described.

5 hours ago, EnderCat said:

You are giving time to their launcher but that doesn't even mean you have to care about the company, I care about the game. I could add the games on steam as a non-steam game and you wouldn't know the difference, because you play the games to PLAY THE GAMES

This I completely agree with. You play the games to PLAY THE GAMES. Couldn't have worded this any better. It reminds me of something...

Sure this might be irrelevant but I think it is relevant to why people play competitive games.

And if fortnite players wanna spend their hard earned money on something they enjoy doing then why would you care.

Ikr? It's their money to waste or to have fun with. I certainly wouldn't waste it when the game is already free but to each their own here. Some people spend money on magazines. Some people spend money on trash bags. Some people, buy dirt. All of these things are free, but people still buy em'. Let em'. If it's not you, what makes you care? I wanna know these things too. To me, I see it as convenience and not much else. But I would like to know what else someday.

It's free games, suck it up, no one cares, move on. I'm done with this crap

Hey this isn't crap. It's gold I tell ya', gold...

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

But every $1 you 'save' on the Epic Store will turn into $10 of extra cost in the future when they finally become a monopoly.

What extra cost?

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Not to mention the data being siphoned by the launcher for every hour you leave it running...

What data?

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Naive...

You know you could help people NOT be as naive by explaining it and not just saying "Naive..."

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Naive...

Is this a question or an assumption? And you have yet to answer my questions. What extra cost and what data do you speak of? I want to hear from you of what those two things entail. What $10.00 of extra cost? I never seen any $10.00 fees on EG. What data exactly is being siphoned by the launcher every hour we leave it running? I'd like to know. Be specific as possible.

On 6/14/2019 at 4:33 AM, huilun02 said:

Not to mention the data being siphoned by the launcher for every hour you leave it running...

You're right, it's not to mention because it doesn't exist.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:56 AM, Dr. Historic Low said:

You're right, it's not to mention because it doesn't exist.

Found out what they're talking about. Turns an amateur coder made an accusatory (and kinda racist) post saying about how it has weird traffic from it and checks steam files and stuff. Epic responded to it saying it's all false and explained what's happening and blah blah blah

2 hours ago, EnderCat said:

it has weird traffic from it and checks steam files and stuff.

What files? What stuff? Be specific as possible.

Just a quick thing dude, you might actually want to state that this offer is on the Epic launcher in your topic title rather than include Steam in it saves some confusion

1 hour ago, WarningHPB said:

Just a quick thing dude, you might actually want to state that this offer is on the Epic launcher in your topic title rather than include Steam in it saves some confusion

Hover your mouse over the topic title, shows it plain as day. Hell, click on it and the topic description clearly shows this offer is at the Epic Games store. I do it the way I do for three reasons... One, because you are getting a game that is on Steam, i.e., a Steam game. Two, to give people a reason to actually click on my topics instead of just immediately jumping to the Epic Games store(this could lead to missing out on other deals inside the topic). And three, because it's my topic. I'm not trying to sound like a butt, but, I created the topic. And how I title it, is up to me(again, not trying to sound like a butt). If it's confusing to some, but enlightening to most, I'll be keeping it how it is.

Thank you for pointing this out though. I have been working on what you said, I just forgot it this time. Here is an example of when I remember...

egsd.png.06f3e87c8f8018aa4c649fb4a7751a39.png

I'll do my best to include the EG next time. I don't want things to be confusing. I aim for everyone to not miss the deals, that is the goal. To share.

52 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

Original post

I don't visit reddit links so if there's anything in that post worth noting, by all means, note it here.

52 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

One of the several stories about it

Theory 1: Epic Games is funded by a Chinese corporation and can’t be trusted.

- True or not, I could care less about this one. I like Chinese food and Chinese people.

Theory 2: Epic Games Store is spyware stealing personal data.

- Again, what data? What files? It says a local copy of Steam files, so what? What they gonna do with my Steam files, play my saved games? So what.

Theory 3: Epic is hurting consumers by paying for exclusives for the Epic Games Store.

- Doesn't apply to me as I will play whatever game I wish to play on whatever launcher it is launched on. Doesn't make any difference to me. Only dumb asses pre-ordered Metro Exodus on Steam, that's not my problem. Same for Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3. I won't be buying those games anytime soon so by the time they drop to my price range, they'll most likely be on Steam by then. I'll play them wherever they're at when that day comes.

Theory 4: The Epic Games Store offers fewer features than Steam and other platforms.

- Here’s just a short list of things that EG can’t do that Steam can:

• Save game progress remotely, and automatically, in the cloud. - Could care less about this, I manual save anyway.
  • Store multiple user profiles that can be mapped to different games. - Could care less about whatever this is.
  • Allow users to review games, and share those reviews on platform. - I just check Steam reviews. The games that aren't on Steam, I just check YouTube for game play. The reviews I submit are honest and somewhat fun to note down but they're not exactly helping many people buried between hundreds, if not thousands of other reviews.
  • Allow users to participate in dedicated forums. - This feature would be great, however, the Steam forums kind of suck. 50/50 imo. Half the people post nonsense. The half that is helpful is great but it's not guaranteed results. This type of thing will eventually be at EG but needs to be thoroughly developed.
  • Share their accounts, and the games they own, with multiple members of their family. It's not difficult for me to get up from my chair and let a family member take my seat. If they want to play the EG games I own(all FREE games) at their house, they can just make their own EG account or use one of my few backup accounts.
  • Stream their games to other devices. - Why would I ever need to do this?

• Why should consumers be forced to purchase a game on Epic’s platform? - So they can play it? Duh.
  • Why should they be handcuffed by backroom dealings being made to secure exclusives? - I just play the games, no clue what this means.
  • Why should they be denied access to a game on a more robust platform like Steam? - Why should I care about playing a game on Steam? I have 7 launchers. Pick one. Put your game on either one ya' want. If it's free or the price is right, I'll be able to play it.