Small PC build (?)

nmsxsu

I posted on this forum for a build before, but problem is I can't build that pc anymore because it's too big now and I need something portable, because I need to move really often from a house to another. I initially thought of buying a laptop instead but here in Italy I can't find anything suitable for my needs, so I decided to ask you for a "small pc build" so I can just unplug the cables and bring it with me. The case I would like to have is the Evolv Shift from Phanteks, but i'm open to any other case suggestions. My Budget is 1000€ to 1200€ max, and the monitors I'm going to use are two 2560x1080 21:9 widescreens, one is 60Hz 24 inches and the other one in my main house is 144Hz 32 inches and I'm not planning to change them anytime soon. Idk if I should do an AMD or Intel build. If possible, I would like to keep my current graphic card which is an ASUS Strix GTX 1060 6GB, but idk if it will fit in any of these cases because it has 3 fans, so if I need to change it, even if you think I need to change it for performance, I will. It would be nice to have bluetooth and wifi.

I use my computer mainly for work (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, AutoCAD..) and music production (Ableton), but I also do game on it. I don't necessarily want something I can put in my backpack, but at least something I can carry to my car's trunk without dying. 

Check the case size to make sure the card you need fits

Also you might also want to take a look at power supplies if you want to upgrade later

Main PC 

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 

Motherboard: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics card: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080

Case: Darkflash Mid-ATX Phantom Tower Case

Drives: 1x 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Air 13”

I've got a case suggestion, if you're not dead set on your current choice of the Shift

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The Evolv Shift case i is rather limited with cpu height, 86 mm. The length of the gpu is ~299 mm, making the use of 120mm aio problematic. I also wonder about the advisability of frequently moving a glass sided case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€304.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (€129.76 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€152.28 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€146.10 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB ROG STRIX Video Card  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€62.85 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€79.79 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €875.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 02:32 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, brob said:

The Evolv Shift case i is rather limited with cpu height, 86 mm. The length of the gpu is ~299 mm, making the use of 120mm aio problematic. I also wonder about the advisability of frequently moving a glass sided case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€304.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (€129.76 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€152.28 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€146.10 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB ROG STRIX Video Card  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  (€62.85 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€79.79 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €875.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 02:32 CEST+0200

Thank you so much for the parts, the only thing I don't like is the case, I would like to have something more minimalistic. You're right about the glass panels, even tough I like the see-through effect. Any other case suggestions for your parts?

If you use a slightly less powerful cpu with a 65W TDP you should be able to use the stock cooler and fit everything into an Evolv Shift. You might also take a look at Silverstone RVZ and RTZ cases.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€199.98 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Silverstone - RVZ01-E HTPC Case  (€94.84 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €802.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 06:11 CEST+0200

6 hours ago, fasauceome said:

I've got a case suggestion, if you're not dead set on your current choice of the Shift

Is it the Silverstone Sugo SG13B? :P 

6 hours ago, brob said:

If you use a slightly less powerful cpu with a 65W TDP you should be able to use the stock cooler and fit everything into an Evolv Shift. You might also take a look at Silverstone RVZ and RTZ cases.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€199.98 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Silverstone - RVZ01-E HTPC Case  (€94.84 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €802.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 06:11 CEST+0200

I don't want to sacrifice the extra cpu power.. I'll make the nano s work for me, at the end the only things I don't like are that blue led and that fake satin finish on the front, it looks fine elsewhere. Thanks a lot! I'm still open to suggestions if anybody can make me fit that Ryzen2700x.

40 minutes ago, nemeshisu said:

I don't want to sacrifice the extra cpu power.. I'll make the nano s work for me, at the end the only things I don't like are that blue led and that fake satin finish on the front, it looks fine elsewhere. Thanks a lot! I'm still open to suggestions if anybody can make me fit that Ryzen2700x.

Can you wait til 07/07?

Everything on the Ryzen market is sacrificing CPU power in lieu of what's coming.

yeah I will need to wait more than that, I can't spend that money right now.

1 hour ago, nemeshisu said:

Take a look at the Silverstone Sugo SG13B, you might like it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

50 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Take a look at the Silverstone Sugo SG13B, you might like it.

It's a nice case but in this instance the already owned gpu is too long.

52 minutes ago, brob said:

It's a nice case but in this instance the already owned gpu is too long.

I don't like it anyway ?. What about the Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L? Can it work? Is it easy to mount in like the Nano S?

2 minutes ago, nemeshisu said:

I don't like it anyway ?. What about the Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L? Can it work?

The Q300L is an mATX case. It would comfortably house the gpu. You would want to go with an mATX motherboard. I'd also suggest an additional front mounted intake fan. The clear side panel is Acrylic which is much less fragile than tempered glass. However this type material does tend to scratch rather easily.

3 hours ago, brob said:

The Q300L is an mATX case. It would comfortably house the gpu. You would want to go with an mATX motherboard. I'd also suggest an additional front mounted intake fan. The clear side panel is Acrylic which is much less fragile than tempered glass. However this type material does tend to scratch rather easily.

Ah nvm I saw people complaining about this case online, I think I need to surrender to the Nano S if I want that components and that portability.

How about this

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($109.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL Advanced Video Card  ($469.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian-Li - PC-Q50 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($114.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1299.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 14:58 EDT-0400

2 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

How about this

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($109.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL Advanced Video Card  ($469.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian-Li - PC-Q50 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($114.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1299.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-13 14:58 EDT-0400

Too much, and I live in Italy so I cannot buy from most of these sites

@brob What about the Cougar QBX pro? (For the first conifg you made for me)

2 hours ago, nemeshisu said:

@brob What about the Cougar QBX pro? (For the first conifg you made for me)

I'm not familiar with the case but the specs look pretty good. My only real concern is the gpu height. Asus lists this as ~134 mm, not unusually tall for modern gpu. But that height is well above standard card height. I would suggest emailing Cougar support to inquire if the card will fit given that the additional PCIe power connector is on top.

What about something like the Corsair-380T? Availability appears limited on PCPartpicker, but I'm sure you could find one.

It's got a handle for carrying, 290mm GPU clearance, I think it looks pretty nice aesthetically as well. (It comes in a few colors.)

10 hours ago, brob said:

I'm not familiar with the case but the specs look pretty good. My only real concern is the gpu height. Asus lists this as ~134 mm, not unusually tall for modern gpu. But that height is well above standard card height. I would suggest emailing Cougar support to inquire if the card will fit given that the additional PCIe power connector is on top.

Cougar says they can't confirm it. So I'm not risking. Also I've seen some people on YouTube saying that it's pretty difficult to mount in anyway.

9 hours ago, trevb0t said:

What about something like the Corsair-380T? Availability appears limited on PCPartpicker, but I'm sure you could find one.

It's got a handle for carrying, 290mm GPU clearance, I think it looks pretty nice aesthetically as well. (It comes in a few colors.)

It's not bad but sadly it's not available on Amazon.it.. 

3 hours ago, nemeshisu said:

It's not bad but sadly it's not available on Amazon.it.. 

The gpu will not fit.

15 minutes ago, brob said:

The gpu will not fit.

At this point I'm starting to like the Nano S ?

10 hours ago, brob said:

The gpu will not fit.

Oh man I didn't see that it was a 299mm GPU.

There is always the option of selling off that 1060 and buying something better suited to a mITX build. It's a nice cooler model and a popular used GPU. You'd probably get a nice deal for it, and not limit things so much.