M50x vs Void Pro RGB SE Wireless

DarkFireGuy
Go to solution Solved by unkn0wn1,

I would argue that the m50x is better, I had an older version of the corsair headphones and replaced them with the m50x and I must say that it was a huge difference. First the m50x is more comfortable and you wil have an easier time wearing for long periods. Second the audio quality is much better. And third you can use an upgraded dac later on for even better audio quality.

for the m50x you are basically paying for the drivers. Where the void pro is drivers, transmitter and dac, which will cause the drivers to be cheaper than the m50x.

I just finished high school a year early and I'm going to college and so I'm getting a shit ton of gifts.

My Uncle gave me this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-void-pro-rgb-se-wireless-dolby-7-1-channel-surround-sound-gaming-headset-for-pc-yellow/6006502.p?skuId=6006502

I am debating whether I should keep it or return it and get: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audio-technica-ath-m50x-monitor-headphones-black/4725021.p?skuId=4725021

If I price match it, both of them will be 129.99.

So it just comes down to which one is better.

hey hey hey i leik turtles

I would argue that the m50x is better, I had an older version of the corsair headphones and replaced them with the m50x and I must say that it was a huge difference. First the m50x is more comfortable and you wil have an easier time wearing for long periods. Second the audio quality is much better. And third you can use an upgraded dac later on for even better audio quality.

for the m50x you are basically paying for the drivers. Where the void pro is drivers, transmitter and dac, which will cause the drivers to be cheaper than the m50x.

33 minutes ago, DarkFireGuy said:

I just finished high school a year early and I'm going to college and so I'm getting a shit ton of gifts.

My Uncle gave me this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-void-pro-rgb-se-wireless-dolby-7-1-channel-surround-sound-gaming-headset-for-pc-yellow/6006502.p?skuId=6006502

I am debating whether I should keep it or return it and get: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audio-technica-ath-m50x-monitor-headphones-black/4725021.p?skuId=4725021

If I price match it, both of them will be 129.99.

So it just comes down to which one is better.

I mean, I would upgrade to the m50x, it's more comfortable, and better sound.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

4 hours ago, unkn0wn1 said:

4 hours ago, Boinbo said:

I mean, I would upgrade to the m50x, it's more comfortable, and better sound.

Bet. m50x it is.

hey hey hey i leik turtles

Just now, DarkFireGuy said:

Bet. m50x it is.

Yup, it is

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

I would say return both and use neither  they are both not very good and instead get a better headphone/ headset for the same price. the m50x for me is only good if you are recording and monitoring other than that and even then something else would sound better.