Need LCD controller board for old iMac display.

SubTract

Hi guys,

I recently got an old (late 2012) iMac. Now the actual computer itself is toast. But the display is fine. I was hoping to turn the display into a monitor.

The problem is I can't find an LCD controller for this particular LCD anywhere. It is an LG display LM270WQ1-SDF1.

From what I can gather, I can find controllers for the SDA1 - SDE3 varients. The SDF1 seems to use edp instead of lvds, I can find a controller that seemingly does the correct resolution and refresh rate but I can't find anything that will do the backlight As well. 

The screen uses a molex 504051-0601 connector for the LED backlighting.

Does anyone have any idea on where I can find a controller board with a DP, HDMI or DVI connector on it for this screen, that has a backlight connector. Or is there some other way I can control the backlight separately?

Otherwise at this point any other ideas are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jacob.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

• 1 month later...

Same here... I have a standalone Yamakasi monitor that gave out (still lasted 7 years though for the fraction of the price of Apple's cinema display). There seems to be boards for all the other versions of the LM2701Q1 series! I have been searching off and on for a month, and like you, have been reading into monitor display tech to see if there is some other generic board I could use, but haven't found anything with confidence that would work. Monitor control boards is such an esoteric subject. I don't know where to go for asking questions. If only there was someway to ask LG for a board!? So frustrating. The only google hit that I found is this no longer available board: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32879208195.html