Microsoft store shared account / permissions

sekkusu

The question is:

If I log into other person's microsoft store account to download an app, this account gets added to the "Accounts used by other apps" category. Is that in any way dangerous? Like, is there a way for the owner of that other account to alter my windows settings or download other apps to my pc without me knowing? I also used my high school email to activate the office 365 stuff, can that be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, sekkusu said:

The question is:

If I log into other person's microsoft store account to download an app, this account gets added to the "Accounts used by other apps" category. Is that in any way dangerous? Like, is there a way for the owner of that other account to alter my windows settings or download other apps to my pc without me knowing?

Thanks in advance.

Once the account is added, until removed, the person can download any apps/games you purchased or movie rentals. Depending on the settings set, he/she may purchase things through your account ("I want to buy without a password" is enabled with your account under the Store app Settings). It is best to remove your account once your done if you don't trust the user.

When you add your account, you have the choose to pick to add the account for everything or just the app. Pick just the app.

I also used my high school email to activate the office 365 stuff, can that be a problem?

No issue. Be aware however, if you put stuff in OneDrive, OneDrive links to YOUR account and not the school account which might be deleted after you graduate or whenever the school policy follows, and of course, any content in OneDrive of your school account may be stored on your high school computers, and content may be subject of school policy, even if the content is stores on MS server through the e-mail school account. The same applies for the school e-mail provided.