RTX 2060 recommendation for future gaming at 2560x1080?

frozensun

Go for the

8 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So I can't decide between these 3 models:

https://iponcomp.hr/shop/termek/palit-ne62060018j91062a-geforce-rtx-2060-6gb-gddr6-gamingpro-pcie/1706952

https://iponcomp.hr/shop/termek/colorful-geforce-rtx-2060-6gb-gddr6-igame-ultra-oc-pcie/1742379

https://iponcomp.hr/shop/termek/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-6gb-gddr6-gaming-x-pcie/1716164

Never heard about Colorful I googled but nothing so far,so I'm interesting in buying it and testing.

I see it's Chinese,but card doesn't look bad at all.

Any help?

Asus and MSI too expensive here...

Go for this one if you can. 117,000 ft or 2600 hrk

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

9 hours ago, frozensun said:

I wanted RTX 2060 strix OC,but here it's really overpriced.

9 hours ago, frozensun said:

Higher boost clock is okay,and desirable.

The OC vs Advance variant of RTX 2060 Strix is only the OC one 100MHz higher factory boost clock than the Advance.

Here where I live is just like you, they're overpriced even the Advance variant. And for that 100MHz difference they cost it $35 price margin.

I think that 100MHz difference doesnt deserve the $35 while we can manually overclock the Advance Strix to get even higher than the OC Strix boost.

If you should buy Strix card just get the Advance instead of the OC variant.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

8 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

The OC vs Advance variant of RTX 2060 Strix is only the OC one 100MHz higher factory boost clock than the Advance.

Here where I live is just like you, they're overpriced even the Advance variant. And for that 100MHz difference they cost it $35 price margin.

I think that 100MHz difference doesnt deserve the $35 while we can manually overclock the Advance Strix to get even higher than the OC Strix boost.

If you should buy Strix card just get the Advance instead of the OC variant.

Both cards are too expensive and I'm low on budget.

From what I googled seems to me like GTX 1660 Ti is my best option for 60 Hz monitor,Gaming X model.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

11 hours ago, fluxdeity said:

Go for the

Go for this one if you can. 117,000 ft or 2600 hrk

Don't see that model on the list I psted here:

https://iponcomp.hr/kereses/shop?position=search-result&keyword=rtx+2060&sortOrder=olcso

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

15 hours ago, frozensun said:

And they are really boring,sapphire cards especially no aesthetic,it's just boring card.

Are you actually trying to get the most performance for your money? Because aesthetics should be the least of your concern if you're on a tight budget

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

I really haven't mentioned any of the AMD cards so no point of talking about it here.

I do care about aesthetic backplate is always a plus since my case is opened,and I don't want dust on parts of electronics on the backside of a card.

So what's your pick Big?

Just now, frozensun said:

I really haven't mentioned any of the AMD cards so no point of talking about it here.

I do care about aesthetic backplate is always a plus since my case is opened,and I don't want dust on parts of electronics on the backside of a card.

So what's your pick Big?

Sapphire Nitro+ VEGA 56 8GB

that

or the inferior GTX1660Ti, as you can't afford the RTX2060 unless you want to fork out about 360EUR for the Ventus which is what I consider a cooler design worth buying.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

As I told you,I've been amd card buyer since 10 years ago but not anymore,and the reason I mentioned is above.

Ventus cooler sucks,it has no dbb fans,yes it is cheap,but performance is probably low.

Armor would be a much better choice.

650 euros for Vega 56 here in Eastern Europe,lol.Are they kidding me?

So my final choice because I'm low on budget are these 2,the price difference is 45 eur.

So help me decide which one for 2560x1080 gaming:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_RTX_2060_Gaming_Pro_OC/

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_GTX_1660_Ti_Gaming_X/

I was also wondering about this,I remember playing very fluid last Doom edition at around 90 fps I measured with Fraps.

Now my card runs game at around 45-50 fps and is very slow.

How did I manage to ran Doom and Shadow of Mordor so fluid and fast at that frame rate if my monitor is only 60 Hz.

Isn't it 60 Hz=limit 60 FPS.

Lets say I want to buy any of these cards will I be locked at max 60 fps?