Should i get the Fidelio X2HR or the Sennheiser HD58x

Soreph

Hey everyone!

I've been looking at headphones for a mix of gaming and music and I've narrowed it down to these headphones but I don't know enough about headphones to decide, I am open to suggestions on headphones other than these two as long as they are in the price range of those two.

The DAC I'm planning on buying is the Sound BlasterX G6 so if you would like to suggest any other DACs I'll consider them.

Fidelio X2HR

Sennheiser HD58

17 minutes ago, Soreph said:

Hey everyone!

I've been looking at headphones for a mix of gaming and music and I've narrowed it down to these headphones but I don't know enough about headphones to decide, I am open to suggestions on headphones other than these two as long as they are in the price range of those two.

The DAC I'm planning on buying is the Sound BlasterX G6 so if you would like to suggest any other DACs I'll consider them.

Fidelio X2HR

Sennheiser HD58

best dac amp around that price range is the  fiio k3. the fidelios have a more fun sound signature and have a wider sound stage but the imaging isn't as good. the 58x has better imaging very mid centric but flatter sound signature this would be my vote if you lean closer to a gaming can but fidelios would be my vote if you want something more fun for music.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

best dac amp around that price range is the  fiio k3. the fidelios have a more fun sound signature and have a wider sound stage but the imaging isn't as good. the 58x has better imaging very mid centric but flatter sound signature this would be my vote if you lean closer to a gaming can but fidelios would be my vote if you want something more fun for music.

Do you think the Fidelios would still be decent for gaming and would the 58x still be pretty good for music?

2 minutes ago, Soreph said:

Do you think the Fidelios would still be decent for gaming and would the 58x still be pretty good for music?

tehy are both excellent for music just depends on what type of music your into. and fidelios are still pretty decent for gaming . its just not as good as the 58x

For that price, you might as well get a pair of HD 6xx as they're better than both 58x and Fidelio X2. For an amp, the SMSL SD-793II is good. If you'd want more features, get the Fulla 2, if you want a bit more power, get a Magni 3.

20 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

For that price, you might as well get a pair of HD 6xx as they're better than both 58x and Fidelio X2. For an amp, the SMSL SD-793II is good. If you'd want more features, get the Fulla 2, if you want a bit more power, get a Magni 3.

magni 3 get outclassed by the liquid spark and the atom nowadays. both amps sound better and is the same price. the fulla 2  and 6xx while I agree are very good might not be what he wants. the 6xx is a great detailed headphone but also pretty flat and for me personally pretty boring unless they are on a nice set of tubes. but than again I dont consider myself an audiophile as im not a purist when it comes to music. a lso check out the fiio k3 as a recommendation. better sound than the fulla 2 and the smsl can also be run balanced which is rare for this price point.