is this power supply any good?

Zap124
9 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

850rpm aint really that much.

Did you ever hear an 850rpm fan in a PSU??

Yeah, 850rpm is on the higher end. Its borderline annoying, depending on the Fan/Motor Noise and its far from quiet.

On the contrary...

Depends a lot on what case you have and where you place it. Under your desk and psu intake on bottom through a filter, and youll barely hear it in a city apartment at day time.

So you're saying:
Ah, in a Loud Enviroment you won't notice the 850RPM of the thing because everything else is louder...

Why don't you say so in the first place?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

24 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Did you ever hear an 850rpm fan in a PSU??

Yeah, 850rpm is on the higher end. Its borderline annoying, depending on the Fan/Motor Noise and its far from quiet.

On the contrary...

So you're saying:
Ah, in a Loud Enviroment you won't notice the 850RPM of the thing because everything else is louder...

Why don't you say so in the first place?

Who is running their pc in a purpose built quiet room? Just unreasonable...

Plus low rpm fan with low airflow and Capxon inside? No thanks unless 7-10 year warranty.

Who is running their pc in a purpose built quiet room? Just unreasonable...

You know, there are some people living in pretty quiet locations, where there aren't many Cars driving around and you can hear the fan because of that.

Not everyone lives next to an airport.

Plus low rpm fan with low airflow and Capxon inside? No thanks unless 7-10 year warranty.

That's just totally wrong misinformation.

The only CapXon caps they use are Polymer ones. And they are fine.

The L11 I've seen so far have Teapo inside, NOT CapXon.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 5/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Stefan Payne said:

We're saying that 3,3V is not important.

Warranty is grossly overrated because you have to pay for shipping and also things change, thus there might be something that renders your PSU incompatible (or only partial compatible)

You are wrong.

I don't have a TXm but a somilarly quickly rotating fan in a Super Flower Golden King 650W and that is borderline annoying. It is noticable!
Means you hear the fan. 

3.3V-5V rails voltage regulation and ripples suppression(cause this i was reffering to) is included in all respected and serious reviews,i will asume that  tests reffering to those are there for a reason and play a role in the overall quality of a psu

Warranty period is overrated for you subjectively,that doesn't mean for some individuals is not as important and it's not a criteria by which they buy a product.Maybe you're paying for shipping, but from the places i have bought, and sent products to warranty i never payed for shipping and they fixed it in maximum 15days,you might make a case that for psus this is diffrent but i doubt it.

What might be loud for you might be tolerable for others,this is subjective.I don't think there is a general consense that txm is annoyingly loud at low loads.