MacBook Pro 2018 vs Razer blade stealth 2019?

11 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Well then instead of saving 200$ om say a matebook. Lets save more like 300-400$ on a matebook. And it does stuff, its just that in a lot of workloads its not doing a whole lot. 

Except you most of the time use quicksync and CPU encoding in most software. 

Huawei also has a hardware level security chip for touch id. Though i guess its nice with something slightly deeper. 

The old keyboard or the new one which is both unreliable, loud and has short travel? The old one was good, the issue is everyone has that good keyboards these days. 

Ill give em that their speakers are pretty good, though nolonger alone on that front either. 

If you want to dig into the ecosystem and the money required to do that sure. Only issue is that you end up locking yourself in which limits your options later on. 

Actually at least on the matebook x pro you only need a USB dongle for wifi untill that is fixed. 

And for some reason i cant compress that on mobile.

Again do you really trust Huawei with anything security wise? There's a reason they're getting locked out of countries 5G infrastructure. 

Honestly love the keyboard on mine. Obviously not a mechanical keyboard but as far as thin and lights go I've managed to get up to a good speed in not much time. Probably the fastest I've ever typed on a laptop. 

You literally posted a Hackintosh guide that shows why it's really not worth it for machines where you can't customise the hardware. Plus it has some pretty important things that don't work.

• Brightness and Sleep (Likely due to spoofing Coffeelake Graphics)
  • dGPU (Nvidia Optimus not supported on MacOS)
  • eGPU (not tested)
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Intel Wifi (soldered onto the motherbaord)

Onto of being a lengthy process. you might as well just buy a Mac. 

Huawei are shady af. There are plenty of other brands of laptops you could buy that don't raise massive red flags from literally every security agency belonging to a western government.  

Edited by Lord Vile

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

8 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

There's a reason they're getting locked out of countries 5G infrastructure. 

actually they have yet to procure any reason other than them being chinese. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Again do you really trust Huawei with anything security wise?

from what i can tell. i can trust them as much as any other  device maker. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Huawei are shady af. There are plenty of other brands of laptops you could buy that don't raise massive red flags from literally every security agency belonging to a western government.  

actually a lot of security agencies only agree that we should not totally relly on equipment from a single vendor. Huawei isnt great in terms of everything and are in some situations a tiny bit shady. 

well im only tossing out Huawei Laptops because they currently make one of if not the best laptop ultrabook. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

You literally posted a Hackintosh guide that shows why it's really not worth it for machines where you can't customise the hardware. Plus it has some pretty important things that don't work.

• Brightness and Sleep (Likely due to spoofing Coffeelake Graphics)
  • dGPU (Nvidia Optimus not supported on MacOS)
  • eGPU (not tested)
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Intel Wifi (soldered onto the motherbaord)

the only real concern there is wifi, which will probably be fixed at some point. i really spent 30 sek googling. and none of the reasons are dealbrakers. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Onto of being a lengthy process. you might as well just buy a Mac. 

might aswell save 200-400$ on any other laptop an hickintosh if you really, really need it. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

actually they have yet to procure any reason other than them being chinese. 

from what i can tell. i can trust them as much as any other  device maker. 

actually a lot of security agencies only agree that we should not totally relly on equipment from a single vendor. Huawei isnt great in terms of everything and are in some situations a tiny bit shady. 

well im only tossing out Huawei Laptops because they currently make one of if not the best laptop ultrabook. 

the only real concern there is wifi, which will probably be fixed at some point. i really spent 30 sek googling. and none of the reasons are dealbrakers. 

might aswell save 200-400$ on any other laptop an hickintosh if you really, really need it. 

African Union headquarters in Ethiopia. 

How do they make the best ultrabook? There are plenty of better W10 ultrabooks to pick from.

Literally all laptops competing with the MacBook are around the 1000-1500 price point. 

How do they make the best ultrabook? There are plenty of better W10 ultrabooks to pick from.

not saying its the best, but its definitivly up there.  have you seen the Matebook X Pro?

10 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Literally all laptops competing with the MacBook are around the 1000-1500 price point. 

no, Dell XPS 13 is around  750 or above, depending on the model. 

Huawei Matebook 13 is below 1k atm i believe. the surface laptop i sub 1k$ atm. 

that not mentioning the specs they pack. 

51 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

not saying its the best, but its definitivly up there.  have you seen the Matebook X Pro?

no, Dell XPS 13 is around  750 or above, depending on the model. 

Huawei Matebook 13 is below 1k atm i believe. the surface laptop i sub 1k$ atm. 

that not mentioning the specs they pack. 

I have an was rather unimpressed. It's a poor copy of a MacBook running W10. 

A comparable XPS 13 is a grand or over. https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-xps-13-13-3-intel-core-i5-laptop-256-gb-ssd-silver-10189554-pdt.html

The matebook x is over 1000

The surface laptop is over 1000 too.

The laptops you listed specced to the same standard as the MacBook Air are all over 1000. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

The surface laptop is over 1000 too.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Platinum-LQL-00001-Windows/dp/B07HZK3SLP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2N5B8UC59GEUQ&keywords=surface+laptop+2&qid=1558295028&s=gateway&sprefix=surface+laptop%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-3

thats 3 digits.

The matebook x is over 1000

never claimed it was. pretty sure the Matebook 13 is though, but not everywhere. 

The laptops you listed specced to the same standard as the MacBook Air are all over 1000. 

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air/space-gray-1.6ghz-dual-core-processor-with-turbo-boost-up-to-3.6ghz-128gb#

um sure. 

dualcore is definitvly the same as a quadcore. 

thats the UK. also

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-MateBook-13-Inch-Laptop-Graphics/dp/B07NFJRL8K/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=matebook+x+pro&qid=1558298712&s=gateway&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Ultrabook-LED-backlit-i5-8250U-Keyboard/dp/B07NJCGBP1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=xps+13&qid=1558298752&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-13-5-Inch/dp/B07HZ7HJ2N/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=surface+laptop&qid=1558298771&s=gateway&sr=8-5

if you are gonna bring the UK into this. 

It's a poor copy of a MacBook running W10. 

its got better specs, touchscreen, more thermal headroom, better ports, better screen (subjective i guess), better keyboard and a worse trackpad thats what a Matebook X Pro is

its a Macbook but better. its certainly inspired, but its not a plain copy. 

21 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

You've linked 2 with only 128GB of storage and that isn't an XPS. Why would you buy a W10 laptop with only 128Gb of storage?

Better specs again is if you pigeonhole the Mac into only using software available to both platforms. A Mac running FCPX will demolish any of the laptops you've listed running Adobe. Same with thermal headroom, depends what you're doing and Macs are generally adjusted to run silently for as long as possible.

How does it have better ports? My eyes tell me the datebook has 2 USBC ports and a 3.5mm jack against the Macs 2 thunderbolt 3 ports and jack. So aside from the same functionality of the datebooks ports you also have the ability to run an eGPU or something like a 5K external display.

Touchscreens I personally find abhorrent on windows. I have a mouse for a reason. But subjective. 

Keyboard is subjective. personally out of all the laptop and desktop keyboards I've used the MacBooks trumps all but my preferred mechanical switches (reds or browns) in terms of comfort and are bloody amazing when you're typing whilst holding the laptop or one handed. 

How's the colour accuracy of the screen?

Nothing has a better trackpad than a MacBook that's a given but a valid point that you need a mouse to use a W10 laptop properly.

It literally looks identical. I think if they could put MacOs on it they would have. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

You've linked 2 with only 128GB of storage and that isn't an XPS. Why would you buy a W10 laptop with only 128Gb of storage?

why would you buy a dualcore in 2018/19?

also you wanted sub 1k options. i spent literally 2 min finding those. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Same with thermal headroom, depends what you're doing and Macs are generally adjusted to run silently for as long as possible.

in other words. worse thermal headroom, thank you for clearing up. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Better specs again is if you pigeonhole the Mac into only using software available to both platforms. A Mac running FCPX will demolish any of the laptops you've listed running Adobe.

if you have a final cut boner then go final cut. there is allways hackintosh if you really need it. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Keyboard is subjective. personally out of all the laptop and desktop keyboards I've used the MacBooks trumps all but my preferred mechanical switches (reds or browns) in terms of comfort and are bloody amazing when you're typing whilst holding the laptop or one handed. 

their durability is crap, have horrid travel and little tacktile feedback. literally all of those are considered cons when picking keyboards. someone might like them, but others likes to keep their fingertips. 

How does it have better ports? My eyes tell me the datebook has 2 USBC ports and a 3.5mm jack against the Macs 2 thunderbolt 3 ports and jack.

1tb, 1 USB C charge and USB type A. no need for dongle. when you need that type A port that is used for literally everything 

Touchscreens I personally find abhorrent on windows. I have a mouse for a reason. But subjective. 

Its a usefull addition, people who have the option often find themselves using it. 

How's the colour accuracy of the screen?

not perfect, but its got sRGB covered and decent coverage on the rest. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

It literally looks identical. I think if they could put MacOs on it they would have.

similar, yes. copy, no not really. something you can tell at a glance when looking at them side by side. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

valid point that you need a mouse to use a W10 laptop properly.

no you dont, precision drivers are pretty darn good and there is allways the option of using the touchscreen. 

On 5/15/2019 at 8:09 AM, Jakob Gopalan said:

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 2018 13 inch with a i5 and 16 gb of ram. I realised that I can get the Razer blade stealth i7 with mx150, should I return the MacBook Pro?

I think the blade stealth is the better choice. The macbook just has problems that will get you later such as its butterfly keyboard, the video cable having troubles if you continuously tilt the screen past 90 degrees. The stealth has better i/o and overall cpu and gpu performance. And don't forget your RGB