Pioneer Elite VSX LX-503

Hello, I just purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX LX-503 about a month ago and have had no issues. All of a sudden when I chose to scroll through Netflix or switch between other apps on my 4th gen. Apple TV the screen goes black and or purple for a second and then comes back on and then when I use the Apple Remote to choose another show on Netflix or Direct TV now app. it does that the same thing again. 

I have done the trouble shooting and see that the AV receiver is the issue. I can directly attach the Apple TV to the TV and it works fine. Anyone know why this is occurring? Faulty AV receiver? 

I have all my HDMI running into the receiver and the receiver output to the my TV. 

Any ideas???/

HDMI power control can get funky. Try a different cable. Are your cables directional?

I don't think they are. I will try different cables but just weird it started to happen after the update they just released. 

Yes, they released an update and this started after that update, trying to get a hold of them via twitter or phone for some support but have had no success yet

Sorry had to run out last night, going to try when I get back from work tonight. I will try a different cable

Sounds like a simple issue or fix. Either a cable or update. Also try your 2nd zone monitor out on there too. See if that works. Make sure your main out isn't bad. 

Ya I will let you know I thought about trying the 2nd out as well. 

OK, so I changed out all the cables and still have the same issue. I changed  the HMDI out to a different out and even changed to a different HDMI on the TV. Same issue.

I again hooked up the Apple TV right to the same TV and have no issue. 

Brought down another tv and ran from Apple TV to pioneer to tv and had the same issue but not as bad. It seems like when there is a new item on the screen (volume icon, Netflix icon, changing apps eat..) it blacks out. For example when I turn up the volume the bottom right corner has a volume level graphic (made by the receiver) the screen goes black and then back on again. Every time I turn the volume up or down it will do this. 

When I go from the Apple TV to the tv there are no issues it seems to only happen when the it runs through the receiver. 

now the cables I used today were ones that I had in the garage that were extra, I would not think it has anything to with the cables, but I could be wrong. Very frustrating with this new expensive Pioneer receiver. 

Just got off the phone with Pioneer support and they state that the Apple TV has the issue and the Apple TV is not capable of push a 60hz signal and that is what is causing the issue. They suggest changing it to 30hz but there is no option for this in the menu. He stated that Apple has to push out the fix and then they can push out their update. 

Not sure about this?

I'd just run the apple tv direct to tv. Mount it behind your tv. I have the 4k apple tv, but never had those issues.

Yes, I ran the Apple TV right to my TV and then digital audio out to my receiver. I'm going to call again to see if a different tech tells me anything different. I also have the same issue with my XBOX. 

Had to be a bad update. It should be fixed soon. That's a solid receiver. Hang in there. 

I have searched the internet for the old update to see I can go backwards and no luck.

Ya I guess ill have to wait 

Thanks

one thing ive learned with stuff like this.... if it aint broke why fix it, when it comes to updates ....i mean its a receiver, unless the update is giving it more options like more codecs or was having issues before dont update