Screen and Audio capture for tutorial vids

I'm starting to create content for education and commentary and I need to capture my screen video as well as an external audio source from a microphone along with the system audio, potentially on both OSX and Windows. Primarily it will be on my good ol' trusty Hackintosh running Mavericks, (until a hardware upgrade later this year, hopefully) so some more recent apps may not be accessible to me just yet.

Without taking the main outputs of the audio interface into an external recorder or using multiple programs to hijack the internal audio signal, what are people using? Using multiple DAW's at the same time through one or even more audio interfaces also is more complicated than I think it should be. I know people are doing this all the time, and both me and some of my peers are trying to figure it out. Would Twitch work for this kind of application as well?

Are any of you doing this kind of thing and what works best for you?

Grateful for the help in advance.

honestly install sound flower and use Quicktime.  Quicktime has a screen recorder function built in to it for OSX and sound cloud is well known plugin for osx that lets you route system audio as inputs so that you can record everything seamlessly.

in windows OBS is ok  audio may start to drift if you get your settings wrong so  you will have play with it for a while.  OBS will not need any DAW's to route your audio as windows lets you route system audio in general terms.

personally i would recommend OBS

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic