To f**** old to play? Help needed to find a good game!

Hey folks!

It's been a long time since I last played actively video games. Last game I remember I played on a PC was "Commandos 2: Men of Courage" - I loved that game. It was not just Tanks and Battles all over the place but instead a tactical game with a great graphic for that time.

With my new computer, I want to get a little bit back into gaming from time to time and just started looking for games in the different stores i.e. Steam and Origin. I really could not find anything like Commandos with up to date graphics. There are tons of games and I'm really overwhelmed by all the titles. I'm not into ego shooters or that kind of monster or alien creature online strategy games. Commandos was really a title that kept me sitting hours in front of the computer. 

Can you help me out with some ideas on what could fit into my Commandos Gameplay with up to date graphics (would really like to see what my system can do)

Really appreciate it :)

1 hour ago, The_Trail_Runner said:

Can you help me out with some ideas on what could fit into my Commandos Gameplay with up to date graphics (would really like to see what my system can do)

Here's 10 to get you started.

Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology

Blitzkrieg 3

Commandos 3

Company of Heroes Legacy Edition

Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts

Company of Heroes 2

Men of War

Men of War Assault Squad

Men of War Assault Squad 2

Steel Division Normandy 44

There's dozens of other RTS games but they are basically centered on different time periods. Stuff like Age of Empires, Stronghold, Command and Conquer, Halo Wars, Starcraft, Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun, Ashes of the Singularity, etc, etc.

Football Manager series.

I even built my home town area into its own nation!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I recently played Metro Exodus. I really liked the story. Try it out man

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Say what you want about previous Assassin's Creed titles but Odyssey and Origins are great.

Odyssey more so for myself..

Weird Graphical harsh settings are in there, but with HardwareUnboxed Optimization guide in place it's sitting very pretty and performs well.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 5/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, The_Trail_Runner said:

I really could not find anything like Commandos with up to date graphics.

Feudal Japanese setting but gameplay wise is definitely Commandos. Hard as fuck.. for me at least. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/418240/Shadow_Tactics_Blades_of_the_Shogun/

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |