RGB lighting stopped working Gigabyte RX 570

steelo

This isn’t a huge deal but I seem to have messed up the RGB lighting on my RX 570. I was playing around with RGB Fusion and Aorus (can't remember the name) but they were causing my CPU temp monitor to go crazy and think the CPU was overheating. Well, I eventually gave up and uninstalled both RGB Fusion and Aorus, then restarted my PC.

Now, I’ve noticed neither the ‘Gigabyte’ or 'Fan Stop' LED's light up, it will flicker once during bootup but then go completely dark. Everything else ‘seems’ to be working fine, games and everything run okay and I can hear the fan when I turn it up to 75-100% manually. Any idea how I can get it working again without having to uninstall/reinstall all of the video drivers? I also have the AMD Radeon program installed but I don't see any setting regarding LED's. I visited Gigabytes home page to see if I could find drivers but it was less than helpful.

28 minutes ago, Crunken said:

not 100% but i think you need RGBfusion for RGB to work, here's a download link to latest version https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/512/rgb2.html

Yes, I believe that is the same version I downloaded from Gigabytes website.

I forgot to mention, RGB WAS working prior to ever installing 'RGB Fusion'. I downloaded it because I was hoping to get the RGB to stay one solid color rather than pulsing through all of them. After installing/uninstalling Fusion and Aorus, now the card won't light up at all =(

• 4 weeks later...

I just got hit with the same thing. All RGB's on the Gigabyte RX590 worked fine. I installed Auros and RGBfusion. The fan stop light stayed on and fans would not run...did some research and everything pointed to Auros. I uninstalled Auros and RGBfusion and now have no RGB lighting on the GPU. Same exact thing on boot up the RGB will illuminate for about 1/2 second but shuts off after full boot.....not a big deal but seriously lame. 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, steelo said:

Yes, I believe that is the same version I downloaded from Gigabytes website.

I forgot to mention, RGB WAS working prior to ever installing 'RGB Fusion'. I downloaded it because I was hoping to get the RGB to stay one solid color rather than pulsing through all of them. After installing/uninstalling Fusion and Aorus, now the card won't light up at all =(

So....I got the RGB's to come back on. I really didn't want to install Aorus or RGBfusion again but decided to give it a shot this morning. At first it was a no go nothing got better but after a little more research I was able to locate RGBfusion v1.38. I uninstalled just the RGBfusion 2.0 from apps and installed v1.38 and boom RGB's came on. I noticed the FAN STOP rgb was on as well so I ran a test using burnintest. I believe the Gigabyte RX 590 fans only kick on at a certain temp..probably 50. I watched it and sure enough a couple times during the testing the FAN STOP RGB would go out and the fans would turn on.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, JonWon said:

So....I got the RGB's to come back on. I really didn't want to install Aorus or RGBfusion again but decided to give it a shot this morning. At first it was a no go nothing got better but after a little more research I was able to locate RGBfusion v1.38. I uninstalled just the RGBfusion 2.0 from apps and installed v1.38 and boom RGB's came on. I noticed the FAN STOP rgb was on as well so I ran a test using burnintest. I believe the Gigabyte RX 590 fans only kick on at a certain temp..probably 50. I watched it and sure enough a couple times during the testing the FAN STOP RGB would go out and the fans would turn on.

So, I was finally able to at least get the RGB working again on my RX 570, but it's stuck on orange.

Even after reinstalling RGBFusion and Aorus several times, the RGB's appeared to be completely dead. I was becoming very frustrated and was about to just give up on it. However, after looking through the RGBFusion folder, I noticed a small .exe file called 'RGBON.exe' or something like that...I double clicked the file to open and taadaa, the lights suddenly turned back on. I don't think it even gave me a color option, so it's stuck on orange by default, but at least it works again. Afterwards, I uninstalled Aorus since it looks to be a bloated piece of garbage that prolonged boot times. I DID keep RGBFusion on my computer just to make sure the file, RGBON.exe didn't get deleted. So far, the RGB's seems to be turning on every time I boot and the GPU fans and 'Fanstop' RGB are working normally. Still kind of lame that it's only orange, but at least I have lights again. It looks pretty good with the blue RGB's I have for the fans.