PS4 Problem

Nohemi

Hi

My PlayStation 4 turns on for a split second, then turns off. The power light turns on too and it beeps, but it never turns on for more than a second. The strange thing is that it beeps every time I try, but the light turns on only every other attempt. The PS4 is the first model. Help plz, I want to play Mortal Kombat.

Thanks

Special Guest, Manuel

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

That could be a number of things, but are you still in warranty?

no, that ended 5 years ago

59 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Might be dead.  You can try to find a place that will repair it just don't do that oven/baking bs or other fake ass methods like hair dryers and heatgun bs that's all bs.  You can try unplugging it then plugging it back in.  Changing sockets.  Putting it on it's side/make it stand up.  Maybe try blowing dust out of it.  If all fails you could try sending it to a repair shop that knows how to repair them like a local game shop.

I tried all of that, but thank you

10 hours ago, Nohemi said:

Hi

My PlayStation 4 turns on for a split second, then turns off. The power light turns on too and it beeps, but it never turns on for more than a second. The strange thing is that it beeps every time I try, but the light turns on only every other attempt. The PS4 is the first model. Help plz, I want to play Mortal Kombat.

Thanks

Special Guest, Manuel

Tried powering it on safe mode?
You hold the power button until you hear the second beep.

It's not a race to the bottom.

• 4 weeks later...

It Sounds Like A Power Delivery Or Motherboard Issue. Both Not Being Easy Fixes.

The First Generation PS4 Is Easy As Pie To Repair, My Recommendation Is Take A Look Inside. If It's Already Dead, You Aren't Losing Anything.