Best Beginner Programming Language?

Ethernet

Hello fellow Highschooler (Sophmore year) my first language was HTML because I was always making websites in the 6th grade and using Webs templates wasn't cutting it. After HTML came CSS in order to make them awesome. 

Now its been 4 years, I'm taking a course that teaches Visual Basic. Although I am only learning VB, the concepts are always the same in ALL languages. (Conditional Statements, Loops, Variables, Arrays, etc.) After you master one language (even a "noob" language like VB) learning others is much easier. 

I am ahead of my class and along with VB I learned Javascript, C#, Java, and Python on the side to get better, next year I start the first year of a two year programming internship. 

A great site to start on is Codeaceademy.com ...Also thenewboston on YouTube has awesome tutorials. 

Some people like Java as a starter language (I feel meh about that), probably a better start is VB 6.0, or even the newer Visual Basic on Visual Studio.

Some like python as well, but I like VB the best for a starting language. It has a lot more power then people let on and you can do some really fun stuff with it.

I'll help you with any VB if you need too.

From what I read it's Python :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Python is more of a scripting language. Personally, i started with python and then moved onto Java with my friends.

The syntax for Java is pretty straight forward, thats why I would recommend it.

Once I master-ish Java, I think I'll move onto C or C++.

public static void main(String[] args){

System.out.println("Hello, World!");

}

If u want to learn a really good language that will help u with other languages, learn C or C++, yes it is a little scarry to approach those langauges with no experience at all but theres alot of good tutorials out there to help you and if you know one of these langaues stuff like Java or PERL or Python will b a joke to learn. Just my opinion :))

i started with C++ because my course work in college required it. coming from someone with no prior experience programming at the time, it's actually not that difficult of a language to understand. the nice thing is, if you learn any C-type language you can easily pick up on the others, and if you learn some Java on the side then C# becomes a viable option as well. that's at least five languages just from learning two.

i haven't used any scripting language like Python or PERL, so i can't say anything about that.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

Some people like Java as a starter language (I feel meh about that), probably a better start is VB 6.0, or even the newer Visual Basic on Visual Studio.

Some like python as well, but I like VB the best for a starting language. It has a lot more power then people let on and you can do some really fun stuff with it.

I'll help you with any VB if you need too.

I totally agree with this. I started learning programming on VB and after I had quite a bit of experience with that I was able to pick up C++ and C very very easily :))

Many people find that once they have learnt one language picking up others is much easier than starting from fresh. I would say find one that looks suitable for what you want to do (many suggestions above) and have a go. I did vb -> matlab -> fortran -> c