Upgrading my Y710

I'm looking to upgrade my Lenovo Cube Y710,  because my i5-6400 2.7GHz is wayy to ass for my gtx 1070. I'm planning on moving all my parts into a new case, but I want to keep my 1070. Anyone got any tips for what case, motherboard and ram I should get? And btw the proccessor I'm looking to buy is the Ryzen 5 2600x.

case is personal preference, just show me a example of what you'd like in looks

pro4 is really nice on a budget, but i got a whole lists of motherboards tiered in my signature

just get any 3000+ mhz kit which you like

16 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

case is personal preference, just show me a example of what you'd like in looks

pro4 is really nice on a budget, but i got a whole lists of motherboards tiered in my signature

just get any 3000+ mhz kit which you like

I like the kinda flashy look, with RGB and being able to see the whole system. Also, I'm not sure what case to get because I can't figure out which cases has the best cooling for the price and whats big enough and stuff like that because when someone in a video says something about the case, someone in another video says the complete opposite.

And for the motherboard I don't really understand anything about them, what chipsets I need or what the B in B450 for example means. I heard it's recommended with micro atx tho but I'm not really sure, so it would have been nice if you could tell me what you'd get and maybe why :)

54 minutes ago, henrikholstad said:

I'll explain a lot in a following post, but i have some questions first:

can you name a example or two about cases you like? can be way out of budget, it's just for me to get a idea

with the motherboard, do you care about size? that's what things like atx, micro atx and itx means

53 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'll explain a lot in a following post, but i have some questions first:

can you name a example or two about cases you like? can be way out of budget, it's just for me to get a idea

with the motherboard, do you care about size? that's what things like atx, micro atx and itx means

Svive Luna X750 W Midi Tower

CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB SE Mid-Tower

Corsair Crystal 460X Midi Tower

Corsair carbide spec-06 RGB

I think those look quite good! :)

and to the motherboard I don’t really care that much about the size.

1 hour ago, henrikholstad said:

like the kinda flashy look, with RGB and being able to see the whole system. Also, I'm not sure what case to get because I can't figure out which cases has the best cooling for the price and whats big enough and stuff like that because when someone in a video says something about the case, someone in another video says the complete opposite.

mesh front panels generally give the best airflow, something like for example the cooler master mb511 rgb or h500 would fit you great. but if you got anything else you'd like in it, just let me know

1 hour ago, henrikholstad said:

And for the motherboard I don't really understand anything about them, what chipsets I need or what the B in B450 for example means. I heard it's recommended with micro atx tho but I'm not really sure, so it would have been nice if you could tell me what you'd get and maybe why :)

i can explain everything to you, but that's getting way too long. I'd recommend you check out this list, get a size that fits in your case of choice and be done. tier b or higher. the list is mostly focussed on power delivery and general issues, so about the most important parts.

38 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

mesh front panels generally give the best airflow, something like for example the cooler master mb511 rgb or h500 would fit you great. but if you got anything else you'd like in it, just let me know

i can explain everything to you, but that's getting way too long. I'd recommend you check out this list, get a size that fits in your case of choice and be done. tier b or higher. the list is mostly focussed on power delivery and general issues, so about the most important parts.

Do you think h500 with the Tomahawk B450 would be any good? :)

Just now, henrikholstad said:

Do you think h500 with the Tomahawk B450 would be any good? :)

the cooler master h500 or the nzxt h500?

tomahawk is good

24 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the cooler master h500 or the nzxt h500?

tomahawk is good

Cooler master h500 :)

and is G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16GB good or is it better to go with cheaper 3000mhz. Because this whole upgrade will cost me 650$ and idk if its better to just try to sell my old lenovo cube y710 and buy a new one.

Cooler master h500 :)

ah, great. I'd recommend the mesh panel for better airflow

and is G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16GB good or is it better to go with cheaper 3000mhz.

I'd get a cheap 3000 mhz kit and manually overclock it a little further

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

ah, great. I'd recommend the mesh panel for better airflow

I'd get a cheap 3000 mhz kit and manually overclock it a little further

Just a quick question, is rtx 2080, r5 2600 build for $1750 good? 

2 minutes ago, henrikholstad said:

Just a quick question, is rtx 2080, r5 2600 build for $1750 good? 

might do a little worse in cpu heavy titles, but otherwise it has a great upgrade path and should last for a long time

tho keep a eye on the radeon vii too

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

might do a little worse in cpu heavy titles, but otherwise it has a great upgrade path and should last for a long time

tho keep a eye on the radeon vii too

But do you think it’s better to buy a completely new one since the upgrade is like $650 bucks and I would guess I can get like 400-500 maybe for my 2 and a half y/o y710 and I can probably get something better out of $1150, or?

btw thnks so much for taking your time, I really appreciate it!! :D

1 minute ago, henrikholstad said:

But do you think it’s better to buy a completely new one since the upgrade is like $650 bucks and I would guess I can get like 400-500 maybe for my 2 and a half y/o y710 and I can probably get something better out of $1150, or?

btw thnks so much for taking your time, I really appreciate it!! :D

you can probably get a little more because of that 1070 and because it's a complete system

I'd suggest brand new, as about any key component can be easily replaced by now

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you can probably get a little more because of that 1070 and because it's a complete system

I'd suggest brand new, as about any key component can be easily replaced by now

How much do you think its worth? It’s 8gb ram and 2x 256gb ssd (yeah not very much) and your know gpu and cpu

How much do you think its worth? It’s 8gb ram and 2x 256gb ssd (yeah not very much) and your know gpu and cpu

hm... I'll call in @LienusLateTips, he has more experience than me in the used market

hm... I'll call in @LienusLateTips, he has more experience than me in the used market

Okay :) Thanks for your help though, now I know what to get if I decide to do the upgrade, have a good one!

1 minute ago, henrikholstad said:

Okay :) Thanks for your help though, now I know what to get if I decide to do the upgrade, have a good one!

yeah, good luck with it tho!

and if you have the info from Lienus, let me know if you need me to make a full build up

yeah, good luck with it tho!

and if you have the info from Lienus, let me know if you need me to make a full build up

I sent him a message, so I’ll quote or mention you when I get the info :)