pfSense OpenVPN TAP can't ping the router

WereCatf

I just installed pfSense yesterday as my main router, where it handles routing, DHCP, DNS etc. tasks. Today, I decided to setup OpenVPN on it. Alas, I want a TAP-interface and I just can't make it work: I can connect to it from a remote device and the client does get a DHCP-reply and it can ping other devices on the network by IP-address, but it can't ping or otherwise access the router itself, which means no DNS or anything else, either. None of the devices seem to be able to ping the client, though, including the router itself.

I tried to follow the instructions at https://www.reddit.com/r/PFSENSE/comments/3hql33/configuring_openvpn_bridge_with_local_dhcp/ but it seems as if it's left some important step out.

Would anyone here, perhaps, be able to tell what the hell is wrong?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Well, the instructions at the link did not work, no matter what I tried. Had to do it another way, but eventually I did get it all working like I wanted, so case solved.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.