Monitor will display only bios but not windows 10.

T3King

So  I restored windows 10 my monitor will only bring the bios and display it but not the setup part for windows 10 it wont display. It gets no signal it says what could be going on I hear Cortana talking in my headphone to set things up but there is no display only display I get is when starting ththe computer as soon as it goes into start up fofor windows no signal. Also display everthing when I'm in bios no matter how long I'm in there. Any tipa or help guys.im using a display port. Gpu 1080ti that's where I'm connected. Cpu i78700k MB asus z370f. Monitor benq xl2540. 

2 minutes ago, T3King said:

So  I restored windows 10 my monitor will only bring the bios and display it but not the setup part for windows 10 it wont display. It gets no signal it says what could be going on I hear Cortana talking in my headphone to set things up but there is no display only display I get is when starting ththe computer as soon as it goes into start up fofor windows no signal. Also display everthing when I'm in bios no matter how long I'm in there. Any tipa or help guys.im using a display port. Gpu 1080ti that's where I'm connected. Cpu i78700k MB asus z370f. Monitor benq xl2540. 

Sounds like a display driver issue. I would also check your bios is set to display out of the GPU and not the CPU, doesn;t that motherboard have a display out? Try plugging into the mobo not the gpu and see if that displays windows, if so we have found the issue, either install the latest video driver and see if this fixes it, if not go to bios and set video out to gpu only.

3 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Sounds like a display driver issue. I would also check your bios is set to display out of the GPU and not the CPU, doesn;t that motherboard have a display out? Try plugging into the mobo not the gpu and see if that displays windows, if so we have found the issue, either install the latest video driver and see if this fixes it, if not go to bios and set video out to gpu only.

I did connect it to the motherboard and nothing. So I want into bios /adavanced mode/advance/system agent configuration/graphics configuration/primary display/pcie wich is the gpu. And still nothing ima try and switch it to cpu now and see what happens

Just now, T3King said:

I did connect it to the motherboard and nothing. So I want into bios /adavanced mode/advance/system agent configuration/graphics configuration/primary display/pcie wich is the gpu. And still nothing ima try and switch it to cpu now and see what happens

Try booting to windows in safe mode with everything set to GPU, this will force windows to use their display driver thought the gpu. If that fails then you have an issue with your card. Have you recently had pc issues or something, why are you restoring windows? did you upgrade your pc and now you're trying to use an old windows install with the new motherboard etc? because it simply will not work and you're going to continue to struggle to get it to work.

2 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Try booting to windows in safe mode with everything set to GPU, this will force windows to use their display driver thought the gpu. If that fails then you have an issue with your card. Have you recently had pc issues or something, why are you restoring windows? did you upgrade your pc and now you're trying to use an old windows install with the new motherboard etc? because it simply will not work and you're going to continue to struggle to get it to work.

I was playing games on my gpu earlier and everthing was working fine everthing was displaying thrue the gpu. Me and my brother play on the pc and had alot of file that I didnt use so I thought I'm just gonna restore everthing to get it back to fresh and now this is happening. My system was running like normal before this thrue ththe displayport on gpu. So I dont think its the gpu issue

1 minute ago, T3King said:

I was playing games on my gpu earlier and everthing was working fine everthing was displaying thrue the gpu. Me and my brother play on the pc and had alot of file that I didnt use so I thought I'm just gonna restore everthing to get it back to fresh and now this is happening. My system was running like normal before this thrue ththe displayport on gpu. So I dont think its the gpu issue

You should of just removed old files you no longer needed manually, doing a restore has basically set the pc back to a previous point in it's cycle, aka when the gpu drivers had not been installed yet. I suggest you set the pc to boot in safe mode with network enabled so you can get the latest drivers installed.