GIGABYTE RADEON RX 560 OC 4 GB with a TT TR2 600W PSU

joser1813
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
11 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

Would it be ok if I buy the GIGABYTE RADEON RX 560 OC 4 GB considering I have a TT TR2 600W PSU? I know is a very trash power supply but I just want to be able to do some gaming not ultra or anything crazy. I know this GPU is a fairly low power one but still I don't know if there could be any possible issues I'm not considering. Would it be ok to overclock the GPU? I got a i5 4460 (4 true haswell cores @2.5 and up to 3.2) with 16 GB RAM on dual channel. I'm broke at the momment but I hope someday I'll be able to buy a Focus Gold Seasonic Unit. What do you guys say?

You aren't going to go over 200W during a gaming load anyways, the PSU should be fine, unless it's really old and you want to replace it anyways.

Are you waiting for Ryzen 3000 to replace your CPU?

oh wait an RX 560? Is there on better options like an RX 570/580? Even if it's used? Because those are much faster than even a 1050ti

Would it be ok if I buy the GIGABYTE RADEON RX 560 OC 4 GB considering I have a TT TR2 600W PSU? I know is a very trash power supply but I just want to be able to do some gaming not ultra or anything crazy. I know this GPU is a fairly low power one but still I don't know if there could be any possible issues I'm not considering. Would it be ok to overclock the GPU? I got a i5 4460 (4 true haswell cores @2.5 and up to 3.2) with 16 GB RAM on dual channel. I'm broke at the momment but I hope someday I'll be able to buy a Focus Gold Seasonic Unit. What do you guys say?

11 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

You aren't going to go over 200W during a gaming load anyways, the PSU should be fine, unless it's really old and you want to replace it anyways.

oh wait an RX 560? Is there on better options like an RX 570/580? Even if it's used? Because those are much faster than even a 1050ti

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I don't have that much money. I know thosre are miles better than the RX560 but I seriously don't have the money (sad face). I think this card should be ok to play Rise of the Tomb Rider in low/mid settings, Nier automata in low, The Witcher 3 also in low/mid... Those are the most demmanding games I own at the  momment. The game I play the most is Dota 2, so I think it should be a decent experience. Off course if I had the money I'd totally go for a RX580

7 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

I don't have that much money. I know thosre are miles better than the RX560 but I seriously don't have the money (sad face). I think this card should be ok to play Rise of the Tomb Rider in low/mid settings, Nier automata in low, The Witcher 3 also in low/mid... Those are the most demmanding games I own at the  momment. The game I play the most is Dota 2, so I think it should be a decent experience. Off course if I had the money I'd totally go for a RX580

What Rank in dota?

You could always look for other used GPUs that are cheaper and equal, or better than the RX 560

It's fine for most games at 1080p medium though

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What Rank in dota?

You could always look for other used GPUs that are cheaper and equal, or better than the RX 560

It's fine for most games at 1080p medium though

Nice.

I'm really bad jaja. I'm Legend 1. Just a casual gamer 

49 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

I know is a very trash power supply but I just want to be able to do some gaming not ultra or anything crazy.

How long do you want to do that?

a) the 560 isn't a particularly interesting card. It makes more sense to look for a 7970 for 50€ or so and get a new, good quality PSU. They ain't that much more than 50€ or so. (or rather there are some decent ones for ~50€).

b) No, its not a good idea because your PSU is shit and you already know it.

If you eat Graphics cards (=they often die) it is because of the PSU that cause the GPU to fail more often.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

15 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

How long do you want to do that?

a) the 560 isn't a particularly interesting card. It makes more sense to look for a 7970 for 50€ or so and get a new, good quality PSU. They ain't that much more than 50€ or so. (or rather there are some decent ones for ~50€).

b) No, its not a good idea because your PSU is shit and you already know it.

If you eat Graphics cards (=they often die) it is because of the PSU that cause the GPU to fail more often.

I'm not from the States. The use market is different here. It's difficult to trust people's word if they say the GPU is fine, I couldn't really tell unless I try it. If I see an oportunity on a decent used GPU I'll go for it. But now this 560 is my only option, buying new, unless there's a super deal in amazon/newegg/ebay in which case it would make sense to import the GPU from the States (I could buy it on ebay/newgg/amazon but there would be taxes and other fees)